HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   09 Mathews Bows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/274003-09-mathews-bows.html)

bigjohnson_63 11-17-2008 08:40 AM

09 Mathews Bows

Ok I am new to this site, but I have noticed that there are a lot of BT fans on here. But I will tell ya that I have been a Hoyt fan since I started bow hunting. That has been for 13 years. Anyway I just saw the new Mathews bows that came out. They look very good. I was just wondering if anyone has shot them yet. If you have would you please let me know. I have shot the DXT so if you could compare them to that please. I have shot the new Alpha Max and I really like that bow as well.So any reviews would be great. Thanks Ben

Mikey S. 11-17-2008 10:40 AM

RE: 09 Mathews Bows

They are probably just getting to some pro shops now. I believe a few today. I'm sure if you keep tabs on some threads on archerytalk.com, you'll find a review here in a day or 2.

FSUBIGMAC 11-17-2008 12:06 PM

AT has exploded with threads. Not much stuff on how they shoot, mostly stuff about how mathews copied PSE and the low brace heights on the bows to reach those speeds. I think they look good yes, but the specs make me question their thinking. Will the low brace height ruin the mathews shootability? I know I won't own one.

JOE PA 11-17-2008 12:38 PM

I guess AT did "explode." I have been unable to log on there since Friday. (Thought the server upgrade this weekend was supposed to fix that.) My impression is that the new Rezen bows are much like the PSE Bowmadness bows. For single cam fans, it will be interesting to compare those two lines, as well as the Diamond Iceman. It will be fun to see some "real world" speeds, and to see how much they vary between unbiased sources (if such a thing exists), and "fanboy" posts. Those who speculated that Matt Mcpherson bought the McPherson name to put out a hybrid/dual cam have been proven correct. I did check out the Mathews forums a bit. Sounds like lots of the real Mathews people were not happy with a quad limbed dual cam that resembles the PSE X Force. Mathews has certainly gotten into the high preload game. One thing you have to admit, they did not just make subtle changes this year.

crenshaw 11-17-2008 01:59 PM

Ill be interested to see how the Reezen 7 shoots. I think that is the most realistic model. A single cam with a 7inch BH. There claiming around 335fps. Also, would like to see if its a smooth and quietas the bows they have made over the last 4 to 5yrs. The shorter Brace Heights just dont make sense to me, there so much more tempremental and so unforgiving, and thats why i could never own an x-force or anything along those lines, one twitch and you miss by a mile.

Bowhunter1591 11-17-2008 04:23 PM

if it shoots anything like the x-force then it should be pritty good, i was kinda disapointed when i saw them looking like PSE, i was hoping something huge from them.......

Warden41272 11-17-2008 09:57 PM

PSE just got it right. I shoot one. Now, if only their service could keep up with their product, they'd dominate the market. Some folks demand good service to go along with their $700-1000 bow. I'm only speaking of their Pro Series.

the critter 11-18-2008 10:09 AM

I shot the Reezen 6.5 and was incredibly impressed, I have never had a 6.5 brace height bow shoot that well. 29in. draw 70lb with a mid weight arrow it was cranking out 332 fps. Me and my buddy setthe bow dead on at 15yards, shto it at thiry and it shot and inch high, unbeleivable.

As far as drawing wise, it drawsright with a DXT, not the smoothest one they have made but you have to sacrafice that withspeed. It had a slight bit of hand shock, but a good stabalizer took care of it. I give it a big thumbs up!

Everybody is barking about how the monster and the x-force look alike, just because the new bows are split limb and dual cam doesn't mean they are copys. When compared to the x force i noticed the limb agle was different, and the cams are noticably shaped different, and the cable system that Matt has came up with on the Monsters is awesome, there should be no timing problems in the way he explains.

I find it hard to beleive hwo any body can judge a bow that has not shot it yet.........

Doubled 150 11-18-2008 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: the critter

I shot the Reezen 6.5 and was incredibly impressed, I have never had a 6.5 brace height bow shoot that well. 29in. draw 70lb with a mid weight arrow it was cranking out 332 fps. Me and my buddy setthe bow dead on at 15yards, shto it at thiry and it shot and inch high, unbeleivable.

As far as drawing wise, it drawsright with a DXT, not the smoothest one they have made but you have to sacrafice that withspeed. It had a slight bit of hand shock, but a good stabalizer took care of it. I give it a big thumbs up!

Everybody is barking about how the monster and the x-force look alike, just because the new bows are split limb and dual cam doesn't mean they are copys. When compared to the x force i noticed the limb agle was different, and the cams are noticably shaped different, and the cable system that Matt has came up with on the Monsters is awesome, there should be no timing problems in the way he explains.

I find it hard to beleive hwo any body can judge a bow that has not shot it yet.........
I shotthe Reezen 6.5 yesterdayas well. I agree with what "the critter" said. I'm going to shootthe Reezen 7.0 when it arrives at my local shop. I'm sure I'll be upgrading from my Drenalin to one of the Reezens.

zophy 11-18-2008 03:58 PM

I not a bow guru, therefore,would the Monster shooting at around 360FPS and sighted in at 20yds, would it be accurate up to 40 yds with your 20yd pin?