Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Drenalin LD vs. Alphamax 35 ...? >

Drenalin LD vs. Alphamax 35 ...?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Drenalin LD vs. Alphamax 35 ...?

Old 11-14-2008, 03:44 PM

Default Drenalin LD vs. Alphamax 35 ...?

okay so i have narrowed my search down.I have shot both the hoyt alphamax 35 and the mathews drenalin ld.both shoot so smooth,both felt good,i shot both very accuratley.the mathews is cheaper by about 50 dollars at my local shop.

is there anything that the extra 50 bucks provides by getting the alphamax 35 that i should be considering?

what is everyones honest personal opinions on both bows?pros and cons?advantages and disadvantages?

-Justin
Old 11-14-2008, 10:06 PM

Default RE: Drenalin LD vs. Alphamax 35 ...?

This is not a professional opinion, so feel free to take it with a grain of salt (or a salt mine). The pro at my pro shop (whom I respect very highly) says the Hoyt is the best bow on the market. He shoots and sells them (although he sells 8 other brands, as well), and used to be a PSE rep and shooter. His rationale is the TEC riser is the stiffest and most accurate on the market, the limbs are the strongest and most durable on the market, and it's the most inherently accurate bow on the market (speaking of the Katera XL). In fact, I shoot a PSE XForce, and I asked him his opinion of the best bow for 3D and target shooting, and the Katera XL is what he recommended. Again, I'm certainly no expert, but I do know that a Hoyt is my next bow, and that I value this guy's opinion very highly. He didn't down Mathews at all, but they've taken the single cam about as far as it can go. You notice most of the new bows that combine speed and stealth aren't single cam? Both are nice bows, and you should go with which one fits you best, but my opinion (and based only on my conversation with a real pro, as well as my holding and shooting both, although owning neither) is the Hoyt. You gotta look at service, too. I think both Mathews and Hoyt have good reputations for customer service. PSE sucks in this regard, so if I knew then what I know now....
Old 11-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

i havnt shot the mathews but i shot the hoyt last night, only it was the 32, and it felt sweet. only bow that feels better imo is the bowtech center pivots but that isn't what youre askin lol. id say hoyt man theyre rock solid
Old 11-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

i have yet to shoot a hoyt that felt right in my hand. Matthews was ok. the bows that I have shot that have wowed me were the bowtech center pivots and the High country Iron mace. that thing is amazing

I cant wait to shoot the diamond iceman. 328@29" and single cam....thats awesome.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

personally, if it were me, i would either wait until monday, and shoot the new mathews, or go with the hoyt. im not downing the dld at all, i just like the hoyt better. no bias at all, to me it just feels better. btw, hoyt has makes the most durable bows as well imo.
Derek
Old 11-18-2008, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot the Drenalin but not the AlphaMax. I try to shoot as many as possible. Everyone shoots differently. So far I have not found a bow I shoot better than a Hoyt. I feel (FOR ME) it is because of the Tec riser. The bow has always felt rock solid in my hands and to be honest EVERY bow I have shot has been shock free once you load them up with a good stablizer and such. The BowTechs are a close second for me and I will be shooting them before I figure out what I will be getting for next year. I am looking for an all black setup for turkey hunting out of a blind. Just something I have wanted for a long time and this year I will do it. Good luck with your decision. Choosing is half the fun.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too am looking for a new bow. I have asked two shops - Which bow do you repair the least? Their answer - the Hoyt!