Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

treestand question...

Old 11-10-2008, 12:57 AM

Default treestand question...

hey all,

i just bought my first bow and plan to get out next year and do some hunting.i was originally going to do a ground blind but ive read that the majority of kills with a bow are done from a tree stand not the ground.so,ive changed my route of attack.ive looked at many different stands and generally ive noticed they have weight limits of 300lbs or 500lbs on the 2 man ones.i found a link on this website for crows nest tree stands with a phone number as well.i clicked the link and the site cannot be found,ive also done a search via yahoo search engine and have found nothing.im wondering...did they go out of business?i liked what their ad had said because for a single man stand it had a weight capacity of 450lbs.

im a big guy..i stand about 6ft2 or 6ft3 and weigh in at 348lbs.i need a stand that will safely support me and if at all possible something not too outrageously priced.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:51 AM

Default RE: treestand question...

anybody know anything about them?
Old 11-11-2008, 12:26 PM

summit XL I believe Imay be wrong but check it out I know its pretty close to your weight
Old 11-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

i think a pallet and some 2x4's should do it for that kind of weight
Old 11-12-2008, 03:14 PM

would i be able to get away with using a tree stand with only a 300lb rating?ive heard/read that even tho they are rated for 300lbs that they have been tested at around 700lbs.

also,how are climbing tree stands?safe?reliable?ive contemplated one of those because for the time being i am hunting public county land in wisconsin.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

I think all the Lone Wolf stands are rated for 350# also.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

also,how are climbing tree stands?safe?reliable?ive contemplated one of those because for the time being i am hunting public county land in wisconsin.
I've used some that I felt very unsafe in but most are good, no worries. Once you have one slip down a tree you won't want anything but the most solid, non slippingstand you can find.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

Take a look at the Equalizer Eq24 it is rated for 350lbs
https://www.equalizertreestands.com/index.php

I have the original Equalizer and love it, very secure and adjustable after you get up in the tree.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:56 PM

the equilizer treestand looks perfect.its supportive enough for my weight,and it looks relativley easy to climb compared to other climbers on the market.

i didnt see a wisconsin dealer on their website.

does anyone know if i can order directly from equilizer?

its a little more then i wanted to spend but i think it will pay for itself in the end.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:05 PM

I just got a SummitViper SS this year, the stand is great I really like how easily it climbs and sets up. I cannot imagine a better seat system, I sit in this thing for 5+ hours at a time and my legs don't fall asleep. Their larger version of the samedesign is the Titan its rated for 350 lbs. http://www.summitstands.com/catalog.aspx?catid=summit%20titan

Quick Reply: treestand question...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.