Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

treestand question...

Old 11-26-2008, 04:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: treestand question...

have you considered a ladder stand. A little harder to set up the first time but once it is in place all you have to do is walk and get in the stand to hunt.
they are on sale all the time @ walmart, dicks, sprotsman warehuose,basspro...
chris
Old 11-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jdowney85

hey all,

i just bought my first bow and plan to get out next year and do some hunting.i was originally going to do a ground blind but ive read that the majority of kills with a bow are done from a tree stand not the ground.so,ive changed my route of attack.ive looked at many different stands and generally ive noticed they have weight limits of 300lbs or 500lbs on the 2 man ones.i found a link on this website for crows nest tree stands with a phone number as well.i clicked the link and the site cannot be found,ive also done a search via yahoo search engine and have found nothing.im wondering...did they go out of business?i liked what their ad had said because for a single man stand it had a weight capacity of 450lbs.

im a big guy..i stand about 6ft2 or 6ft3 and weigh in at 348lbs.i need a stand that will safely support me and if at all possible something not too outrageously priced.
i weight 210 pds and 6ft 1 inch.

i had a lot of stands but my best one is a 2 MAN LADDERSTAND.

man, i can take a nap in that one and I DO.

in fall,i stay all day for archery in rut, at noon, i sometimes take nap for 2 hrs.

i carry a wool blanket in my fanny pack bag.

i saw one at wal-mart for 80 dollars.........
Old 11-30-2008, 04:37 PM

Summit stands are real good. I use the summit 180. it has a rating of 350 pounds plus extra space in the front.

maddoggk
Old 12-02-2008, 12:24 PM

alot of the manufactors have a magnum series with higher weigh limits keep checking out different ones until you find one you like.never buy a treestand not rated to your weight!
Old 12-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: cty100

have you considered a ladder stand. A little harder to set up the first time but once it is in place all you have to do is walk and get in the stand to hunt.
they are on sale all the time @ walmart, dicks, sprotsman warehuose,basspro...
chris
we had high winds for 2 days here in pa . for deer.

the guys with the climbing treestands were done at noon first day,many said they almost passed out in tree from SWAYING.

i put my ladder stand on a big a of oak tree.

in winter ,storms usuially come out of north,so i put my stand on south.

i was out of wind, no SWAYING and i can climb down and go to truck, take a break and back to stand , up in 10 seconds.

49 dollars for stand,i have 2 out too.