Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 whisker bisquit vs....anything else >

whisker bisquit vs....anything else

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

whisker bisquit vs....anything else

Old 11-09-2008, 10:40 PM

Default whisker bisquit vs....anything else

I have heard people say that they loose speed or dont get the same control from a whisker bisquit as they do from other rests.....especially with helical fletched arrows. Maybe the whiskers are catching or something....Well what about the hostage rest where you can allign your fletchings to not hit the whiskers. Is that any better? Or is there just no problem at all. Just wondering.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: whisker bisquit vs....anything else

I had one a while back until the advancements of dropaways. I don't like anything touching my arrow, plus, I don't like the Bisquit because if blocks too much of the sight window. There are so many good drop away rests now that it does not make sunse to use anything else now IMO.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:58 AM

I was thinking that...but I also dont have the money to drop on one....unless i can find a good cheap one.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bcvd45

I was thinking that...but I also dont have the money to drop on one....unless i can find a good cheap one.
QAD Ultra-Rest Hunter. $50 and works every bit as good as the higher priced versions once properly set up. I've had one for the last 4 years and wouldn't have anything else on my bows.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: jeremy3303

QAD Ultra-Rest Hunter. $50 and works every bit as good as the higher priced versions once properly set up. I've had one for the last 4 years and wouldn't have anything else on my bows.
Thanks....I'll look into it. I have been meaning to switch to a drop away but i figured I would just see if it was worth it.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:41 AM

I found a bunch of reviews that say that it makes some noise and is not as quiet as they say it is....Have you had any problems with that? A lot of people say it is great but a few have had this problem.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

The bisquit is an outstanding hunting rest, and a very good target rest. Works great with offset fletch, and outstanding with offset Blazer vanes.
Your arrow will never fall off the rest (something my buddy claimed would not happen with his drop-away, until at full draw a strong gust of wind blew it off), it is extremely quiet, and so simple to set up and use even a caveman can use it.
Save yourself time, money, frustration. Get a bisquit and enjoy shooting.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

I found a bunch of reviews that say that it makes some noise and is not as quiet as they say it is....Have you had any problems with that? A lot of people say it is great but a few have had this problem.
I haven't noticed any noise with mine. But I have heard others complain of it also, maybe a set up problem, I also use moleskin on the riser to help deaden any noise that would be made by the launcher hitting the shelf.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:46 AM

ya i bought one last night and was thinking of going to a hobby store and getting some of that sticky felt and putting it on any place i have contact.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the QAD HD and I used a small piece of fuzzy velcro on the shelf. It's just what I had, felt will work great also. The biscuit is a great rest but vane choice is limited. When I switched from my biscuit to the QAD I also switched to 3" quickspins instead of blazers.

Quick Reply: whisker bisquit vs....anything else

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.