Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Octane Quiver Whats Up?! >

Octane Quiver Whats Up?!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Octane Quiver Whats Up?!

Old 11-12-2008, 05:58 AM

Default RE: Octane Quiver Whats Up?!

I just sold mine I got sick of changing the brushes but I shoot alot. I shoot 4 times a week around 200 arrows a day and the brushes do not hold up , the manufacturer was saying that the brushes could be too tight and it was operator error.
So I said ok I will loosen these bad boys up really loose well the brushes still wore our. for me its not worth messign with the brushes all the time , I switch to the Limb Driver and I dont have to worry about the wear . It looks cool and is very light and might be for someone that doesnt shoot but a few times a week and maybe shoots 60 arrows but for me and anyone that shoots alot I do not recommend it
Old 11-12-2008, 04:19 PM

Back to the quiver. I bought one for my hunting setup and I think it is great. It is perfect for me because I like to take it off the bow when I get into my stand, which is much quieter than any other quiver. Plust I can stick it to my stand, which is also metal. Try it on your refrigerator at home. It's pretty cool.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:56 PM

If anyone wants to try one at a lower price I have mine on flebay action No.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've played with the Octane quiver and while it is nice. I'm not a big fan of the weight it has. I've been using an Alpine soft loc for lord knows how many seasons now and it works just as well IMO. I even think it may be easier to attach and detach than the Octane.

If I ever stumble across a good deal on the Octane, sure, i'll probably buy it. But I'm not totally sold on 125.00 dollars for it.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

Gotta love it! Quick, easy, detachable. Really the only reason I bought it ws for the magnet. Thats my favorite part about it I never did care for the foam on my old quiver. The best $125 I ever spent!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:13 PM

I'm going to have to check out the Limb driver because I've been thinking about getting a QAD Ultra drop away to replace my Hostage rest. The Hostage is a solid rest but I am slightly irritated by the wearing down of the brushes. Besides, I hear that you can group better and fly faster with a drop away. I don't know if that's true or not but I'm going to find out.

In regards to the Octane quiver, I'm going to wait and buy one used because they are very nice quivers considering they are machined aluminum, functionality is superb, and they look awesome but like most everyone else, I have a hard time slapping down $120 for an arrow holder, LOL.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: provb28

that quiver may be nice but they can take that hostage pro arrow rest and pu that thing back on the drawing board
x2

Its a terribly made piece of crap. I'd sooner have a WB on my bow.

Best full containment non-drop IMO, is the QuikTune 360... or heck even a good old fashioned Bo-Doodle.

I don't even want to contemplate how many Hostage and Hostage Pros our shop has sent back to Bowtech.... in some instances, entire CASES at a time.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

My alpine Soft-lok was a damn site cheaper and does a brilliant job , The Octane IMO is justBOW BLINGfor them that can afford it .
Old 12-06-2008, 10:48 AM

Well, I haven't seen one up close yet but from what I can see is that it's machined aluminum, durable, and solidly attached so that it is one with the bow. I'm not sure but that's the feeling I get from it. I would like to see one up close but like you, I cannot justify slapping that much money down for the Bling Bling man. Instead I will wait and look around for a used one. In other words, I don't need it but if the oppurtunity presents itself I will get a used one for half the price and be happy.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

X2!!!! While bigbulls makes some very valid points and I seldom disagree with himhe has vast amount of experience/knowledge which I respect,I have to disagree this time. I tried 1 out and went back to my alpine soft-loc quiver. Black stick-after using both,I can't understand your statement of octane quivers being quieter than alpine soft-loc quivers. I'm allowed to test things sometimes from my local pro shop so that's how I was able to test the octane quiver before buying it,I saw no reason to purchase it since my alpine does everything I want it to. Also,alpine soft-loc quivers feature dual shaft holders so my broadheads touching/rusting/contact with the foam inside hood is non-issue.

ORIGINAL: Bailsuk
My alpine Soft-lok was a damn site cheaper and does a brilliant job , The Octane IMO is justBOW BLINGfor them that can afford it .

Quick Reply: Octane Quiver Whats Up?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.