Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Diamonds new Razors edge youth bow >

Diamonds new Razors edge youth bow

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Diamonds new Razors edge youth bow

Old 11-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Diamonds new Razors edge youth bow

I just wanted to post a very quick review for those of you wanting to buy your youth their first bow for Christmas. Or a Woman looking for a irst bow with out breaking the bank.

I received our first Diamond Razors Edge at the store today. The Razors Edge is Diamonds new youth bow for 2009. This little power house, and I mean that literally, is one heck of a youth or ladies bow and should be a strong contenderfor this type ofcustomer.

The draw length is adjustable, with out a bow press, in 1/2" incriments from 19 - 29 inches and will adjust in draw weight from 30-60 pounds. Yep, 30 pounds of draw weight in just one bow with out changing limbs. Talk about growing with your kid. It is 31" ATA and has a 7" brace height.

This bow does not come with a birth certificate andI wanted to see exactly how fast this little thing shot. The web site says 308 fpsat 29" but often numbers are inflated especially on youth bows.I set it at 60 pounds and at the 29" mark on the rotating module. I didn't have a 300 grain arrow made up but do have an exact 350 grain arrow for verifying IBO speeds on adult bows. This little bow fired a 350 grain arrow at a blistering speed of 290 fps. at 60# and 29". So with it posting up that impressive numberI had to make up a 300 grain arrow (304 to be exact). I fired it three times through the chronograph and it registered 309 fps. average which calculates out to about 320 fps if it were to go to a 30" DL. Holy smokes...I have never seen a youth bow put up such impressive numbers.

It is hard for me to get a good feel for such a small and light weight bow being thatI am 6'2" tall and 270 pounds with a 30" DL but there was very very little vibration or jump from this little bow and noise was minimal as well.

This is definetly one bow that your child, or even lady, will be able to grow with for many many years and saving mom and dad the expense of buying new bows or limbs every few years. Bowtech did one hell of a job with this bow. If you are in the market for a youth bow definetly check out the Razors edge.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:13 AM

Default RE: Diamonds new Razors edge youth bow

I am curious why Diamond markets this bow as a "Youth" bow. While it is certainly a bow to consider for a youth, I think it is much more than that. I am 61 years old and just getting started in archery. I am small statured (that means I am short) and have short arms and a short draw length (27"). In researching bows to replace the 18 year old Jennings that I presently shoot, this bow ends up on the top of my list every time. I might take some ribbing at the 3D course for shooting a Kiddie Bow but I think it will be worth it. Unless something really exciting comes out in the 2009 line up I believe the Edge is my next bow.

Clint in West Kentucky
where others come to hunt
Old 11-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Diamonds new Razors edge youth bow

Thanks bigbulls,I'm going to take my babygirl with me next time I go to the local proshop and see how she likes it. WELCOME to our wacky group/forum KY-clint neighbor,I'm in central Ky myself.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Spike

I just located info on this bow today and as a 65 year old new to archery this looks like a good bow for me...kiddy bow or not. I have an old Parker bow that I have been using to learn and the need to work on skills, form and such is greater than the need for hunting performance. As money is a challenge the Razor's Edge looks like a good compromise that may not necessarily be that much of a compromise.

I expect to get one of these as soon as my wife provided allowance adds up to enough...

Thanks for the review.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

I couldn't agree more! I bought one for my 9 year old son as he outgrew his Genesis and my goodness what a great bow! I also agree with what you gentlemen said, this would be a fantastic bow for a smaller statured man getting into hunting or a women!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

They make some great Youth rigs! I'm purchasing the Diamond Nuclear Ice for my 9 year this Christmas.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Spike

Smile I love this bow

I just bought this bow for myself except for the sight and the rest this bow is great for me. I am 5'4" tall and about 150 pounds and new to bow hunting. This bow fits me perfect I have the weight set low enough that I don't have to struggle while I build my strength and technique. I tried other bows but this one I really liked. I think that anyone wanting a great first bow that will move them to the an advanced bow this is it. My son is 6 by the time he is ready for his first real bow I hope to be ready for a more advanced bow so that he can have this little pearl.
Originally Posted by bigbulls
I just wanted to post a very quick review for those of you wanting to buy your youth their first bow for Christmas. Or a Woman looking for a irst bow with out breaking the bank.

I received our first Diamond Razors Edge at the store today. The Razors Edge is Diamonds new youth bow for 2009. This little power house, and I mean that literally, is one heck of a youth or ladies bow and should be a strong contenderfor this type ofcustomer.

The draw length is adjustable, with out a bow press, in 1/2" incriments from 19 - 29 inches and will adjust in draw weight from 30-60 pounds. Yep, 30 pounds of draw weight in just one bow with out changing limbs. Talk about growing with your kid. It is 31" ATA and has a 7" brace height.

This bow does not come with a birth certificate andI wanted to see exactly how fast this little thing shot. The web site says 308 fpsat 29" but often numbers are inflated especially on youth bows.I set it at 60 pounds and at the 29" mark on the rotating module. I didn't have a 300 grain arrow made up but do have an exact 350 grain arrow for verifying IBO speeds on adult bows. This little bow fired a 350 grain arrow at a blistering speed of 290 fps. at 60# and 29". So with it posting up that impressive numberI had to make up a 300 grain arrow (304 to be exact). I fired it three times through the chronograph and it registered 309 fps. average which calculates out to about 320 fps if it were to go to a 30" DL. Holy smokes...I have never seen a youth bow put up such impressive numbers.

It is hard for me to get a good feel for such a small and light weight bow being thatI am 6'2" tall and 270 pounds with a 30" DL but there was very very little vibration or jump from this little bow and noise was minimal as well.

This is definetly one bow that your child, or even lady, will be able to grow with for many many years and saving mom and dad the expense of buying new bows or limbs every few years. Bowtech did one hell of a job with this bow. If you are in the market for a youth bow definetly check out the Razors edge.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Good bow

Really nice bow for youth or women. Bowtech did good on this one.
DB
Old 01-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

A great youth bow!! I Just got my 9 year old son the Edge for xmas and he loves it.. i only have him shooting 30lbs at about 15 yards in our indoor range but his form is flawless!! I was extreemly impressed, he must have been paying attention all these years!! He's shooting 5-inch groups already, hopefully with a lot of practice and more education he will be ready in the fall...
Old 02-11-2010, 05:31 AM
Spike

Default Not just for women and kids.

I had a golden eagle, took it to the range for the first time. I could not pull it. turns out that it is a 31 in dl and i am a 26 1/2 dl. So, I bought a used Razor Edge the shop had for 150.00. Being 5 ft 4 in. It feels so much better in my hand than that golden eagle. I am 38 years old, I have not shot in 25-30 years since scouts. After this thing was sighted in, I was grouping my arrows with no problem. I'm just sorry I didnt get started sooner.

Quick Reply: Diamonds new Razors edge youth bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.