Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Alpha Max wow!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Alpha Max wow!!!

I shot an alpha max tonight and let me just say wow!! i really wasnt expecting it to feel that good to me. to me its the 2nd best feeling series of bow that ive ever shot. its a close 2nd to the center pivot bt's to me. i will have to do more extensive shooting of the am35 and the captain together before i can make a decision. i was pretty much dead set on teh captain until now. i couldnt believe it:thumbs_up
i honestly didnt figure anyone could make a bow as shock free and as quiet as the center pivot bt's but i have to honestly say it was just as good. the crazy thing was too, that it was a 60-70# bow and it felt like less weight than my general at 65# or my 101st at 61#.
overall, it was a great bow, and the more and more i think about it, the more im thinking it will be my go to bow next season. now iguess i just have ot see what mathews comes out with!!!!!
Derek
Old 11-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Alpha Max wow!!!

What in the world is an alpha max?
Old 11-07-2008, 04:10 PM

Remember the luxury sindrome?

If you want to compare BT's with Hoyt I think you missing a point there. They are the same .
Well... Not exactly the same but... Ah lets just compare them as Lexus and Toyota (like some other site did) .

You can't go wrong with any bow as long as it suits you so make your shooting, write a review or comparison and let us know the up & down sides, "tunningability" (WTF), price, options, etc. Just remember to compare similiar purpose bows .
Old 11-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

stalking bear: the Alpha Max is Hoyts new series of bows they just cam out with. if you look on their site, they are designed with a somewhat center pivot style. they are offered in a 32" ATA and a 35"ATA version.

drunkendude: i really dont know how to respond to your comment, other than whatever i was just posting my excitement and the goodness imo of the bow i had just shot. i dont own the bow so how could i write a tunability review? once again how am i gonna write a review on ups and downs when i dont have it? i didnt mistakenly get on here and post this like i owned one did i? and if you want colors and specs, etc... go to hoyts or bowtechs website. why do i need to do it when you and the rest of the internet population can see it for youself.

Btw, if we compare them like Lexus and Toyota, one of the companies is substantially more "luxury" oriented. so which one is that? neither... i compare them as equals in the race for the best bow. neither is a better bow, they are both great imo. now, if you want to compare L&T there is definately a better product, lexus of course, its just what your into.

sorry ifi took your post out of context (i dont think i did) but if you really didnt care for it why post in it man. did i offend you by not providing you with a proper comparison.[&:]
Derek
Old 11-08-2008, 08:30 AM

Not at all drockw.

I did compare Hoyts with BT's as in my eyes Hoyt is a luxus brand while BT is performance/value. And to the comparison of the bows, well, you don't have to compare all things just tell us what is different in case of your General to example.

The luxury sindrome is a common thing in any bussiness. Once you get a product and see a more prefered, winning, expensive mark you simply underconsciously lean toward it what so ever . You forgive many small things which you would consider highly on other brands... Your only red flag will be the price .

I don't want to say you are an elitist nor do I want to destroy your excitement... I simply felt there is more to be posted about such a great bow as the Hoyt AM is . Please don't get me wrong, ok? [8D] I apologise.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright man, no big deal. good reply i guess i should have stated that, the reason i postedthis is because alot of people felt let down by hoyt this year in the am bows. when they first released them everyone was saying they took one step back, etc... i just wanted this post to say; hey go out and shoot this thing before you judge, b/c its like any other hoyt, its a good bow with very fine qualities. as far as the comparisons,this site is bt biased in most cases and most people know how they shoot, so that is why i compared. to me the shock and ovverall shot felt like the center pivot bt's while the draw was WAY smoother.
Derek
Old 11-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

That latest Hoyt sounds like a real winner and it seems that everyone that has shot it..... love it. I can't wait to shoot one myself soon.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:15 AM

I like the new alpha look but for target its just too short
Old 11-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

It's a hunting bow . Stick to your wonderful 737 for target !

ORIGINAL: provb28

I like the new alpha look but for target its just too short
Old 11-11-2008, 12:57 PM

Im not saying it isnt a hunting bow just pointing out the obvious . Plus my Firecat is just too nice to switch right now! maybe in the future

Quick Reply: Alpha Max wow!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.