HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Any factory Bowtech gurus in here? I really need some help... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/271611-any-factory-bowtech-gurus-here-i-really-need-some-help.html)

Mac T29 11-03-2008 09:07 PM

Any factory Bowtech gurus in here? I really need some help...

First off I need some help locating some parts....the rubber "o-rings" that surround and cushion the limbs in the limb pockets are torn and are getting smashed when I crank the bolts down. I can see how this would change my cam lean and might be the root cause my problem. I also need a new string and cable so I can start fresh there. I have a problem there too though...the lengths that were on the tag on the lower limb are worn off as well as the serial number. The bow is a 2000-2001(?) T-29 60-70 lb draw weight, and I didn't even know that I could register the bowwith theBowtech until it wasWAY too late (thank you pro-shop). Anybody that can give me any assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.

Centaur 1 11-04-2008 02:35 AM

RE: Any factory Bowtech gurus in here? I really need some help...

Contact Bowtech through their website. Twice now I've written them about how to buy a replacement part and twice they just sent the part to me free, no questions asked.

Black Stick 11-04-2008 09:46 AM

I would call them at 877-447-0293 or 1-541-342-4503. Just tell them what's up.

Mac T29 11-04-2008 09:07 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I've tried to contact them in the past I was told to get in touch with a localBowtech dealer. Well I think it was my local that messed my bow up when he replaced the string and cable.

MOhunting 11-06-2008 05:51 AM

I've talked to bowtech too...I'd just email or call'em back. I got a bunch of "e" clips from them for my guardian. I think they took a few days to get back to me via email. Probably best bet.

yajsab 11-06-2008 08:07 AM

Here is the string and cable length from 2003 model. They should be the same. Mine is a 2001 model with 2003 limb and cam.

String - 80 5/8”
Cables - 31 3/4”

If you contact BT, they'll probably send you the new limb bolt and retainer. The new retainer is the square instead of the round.

xibowhunter 11-09-2008 06:27 AM

you can probably get what you need from one of the guy over at Archery Talk

Mac T29 11-10-2008 05:30 PM

MOhunting, yajsab and xibowhunter, thanks for the info. 80 5/8 & 31 3/4 sounds about right. I'm really in a hurry now since i was just notified about going to Iraq for a year.....need to kill something I can eat before I go!Camel and goat aren't too bad, but it doesn't compair to wild hog meat....ha!

Howare the newer limbs working for your bow? I've thought about getting newer limbs/cam but my local "dealer" said bowtech made some cam changes and I wasn't sure if they would work too well together so I just said hell with it...I figured it would be a huge mess to reconfigure the matrix/dynamics of the bow to make everything work correctly.

xibowhunter, you mention Archery Talk....are there Bowtech factory people there or really reliable Bowtech dealers? I only ask because of my cam lean problem, they might be able to get me close to the correct cam lean by telling me ROUGHLY how many yoke twists I need to make to get close to centered. I would think they have that kind of information as a starting point for setting up bows at the factory, maybe?

Thanks again for all the help. I really do appreciate it!

yajsab 11-10-2008 11:02 PM

The new limbs worked great as before. The new cam was included in the limbs. I didn't examine closely, but it looks like the old one. I'll have to compare the two to see the difference, just haven't done it.

bigbulls 11-10-2008 11:15 PM

You need to go to a dealer. Bowtech is not going to sell directly to a consumer. Most companies have policies against selling directly to consumers. That's why they have dealers.