Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

1 pin sights pros/cons

Old 10-27-2008, 06:36 PM

Default 1 pin sights pros/cons

i currently shoot a 6 pin extreme sight and got interested in a hha 1 pin sight that was adjustable out to 60 yards ,but was wondering if you guys could give me somes clues as to the diiference between the 2.....thanx
Old 10-27-2008, 07:18 PM

Default RE: 1 pin sights pros/cons

LOL....well, other than the obvious difference, having only 1 pin.......The biggest is getting used to moving that pin instead of just using a different one. It takes a little getting used to, but once you do, you'll never go back. No more confusion, no more using the wrong pin, no more cluttered sight picture......No more playing the gap......Set that pin for the exact yardage and let fly.

What I do for hunting is leave my pin set @ 27 yards. I am 1 1/2" high at 20 yards and 1 1/2" low at 30 yards. For a deer, who cares about an inch or so. As long as the deer is 30 yards or closer, I hold center mass and let it eat. Gets 'em everytime.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:30 PM

thanx that really helped

Old 10-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the hha's are very good. they seem to be quality sights and i love the idea.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:02 AM

if you want one go for it...but the one thing i realized when i had an adjustable one pin sight was that youll never have enogh time to move it to the correct distance as the deer.....and what are you goign to do at full draw when the pin is setat35 and the deer keeps walking and walking, are you going to let the bow down and move it to 20 then pull back again....and if your goign to do what mobow does why not just do that with the sight you have now???? but your the shooter so its all up to you
Old 10-28-2008, 05:37 AM

I have to agree with mobow, you will never go back. I bought a HHA Pro and absolutly love it, it was pricey, but well worth it. As far as time to adjust the sight when a deer comes in, ithink you will have more than enough time, it only takes half a second. in my experiance, most of my shots are within 20 yds.any thing farther out usallywill have that extra time to adjust if youhave to.I self film all of my hunts so not only do i have to get my bow off the hook, check distances in acordance with the deers travel route, adjust my sight if need be, but i also have to get my camera pointed in the right direction and focused, and then get my release on my string when the deer comes into picture. I don't want to hear there wont be enough time to adjust. It can and has been done with practice and experiance.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:01 AM

ORIGINAL: City Slicker?

I don't want to hear there wont be enough time to adjust.
well when you hunt in spots where deerdont come by often there isent enoguh time....the deer here dont stand there for minutes and alow you to fiddle around with the range and the pin
Old 10-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Spike

I have an HHA on my 07 Tribute. I have it set at 25 yards and from 5 yards to 30 its in the kill zone. I normally would never shoot above thirty but i practice out to fourty and all i do is hold a little higher than normal and its right in there. What more could you ask for all the guess work is gone you really do not have to even move the sight..find the shoulder and let it fly..especially since you have two very fast bows you should take advantage of howflat they shoot (its a good sight especially for people who do not use range finders)

If you want to shoot out to sixty then maybe make a fifty and sixty yard mark and unjust accordingly.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter1591

ORIGINAL: City Slicker?

I don't want to hear there wont be enough time to adjust.
well when you hunt in spots where deerdont come by often there isent enoguh time....the deer here dont stand there for minutes and alow you to fiddle around with the range and the pin
I agree with bowhunter here. I have many times had deer come within 10 yards of me before i heard them or saw them. And where i have hunted in the past the deer keep on moving. I shot a buck a few years back and when he came in he was moving at almost running speed. I barely had enough time to get my bow back and say hey deer to get him to stop at 15 yards. and when i first saw him he was 45 yards out. just think its something to think about thats all. Either way you go on any piece of gear for archery theres always going to be advantages and disadvantages of the gear.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:48 AM

I currently have a True Glow sight that came with five pins. I immediately removed two and lowered the thirdthe bottom of the sight. This new bow shoots so fast and thetwenty and thirty yrd. pins were so close I ended up removing all but one pin. I'm shooting better with only one pin. Out to forty with confidence. After the season I want to geta good single pin. Ken

Quick Reply: 1 pin sights pros/cons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.