Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Another Rage Broadhead Muckup >

Another Rage Broadhead Muckup

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Another Rage Broadhead Muckup

Old 11-13-2008, 01:18 PM

Default RE: Another Rage Broadhead Muckup

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

I was at Gander Mountain the other day shooting. This guy with a Black Ice was practice shooting this new Rage broadheads. I asked him if they were opening up early. He didn't know so I put the paper out there which is normally uses for paper tuning to see if the blades would deploy before impact. Out of his bow, which was shooting at 285 fps because of his short DL, it did not. Then I screwed one onto one of my arrows and shot it out of the 82nd. Different story. If you have a fast bow. Don't even give the rage a second glance.
This is speculation really, did you ever think the blades deployed on contact of the paper maybe?
No one will really know for sure. You either like them or dont, because you go through all of the checking constantly if the blades are seated good or not.
I like these heads , but they can be a problem if you do not have much time to check them before a shot.
Probably would be a better head for hog hunting, then spur a of the moment shot on a deer that came in on you unexpectedly quick.