Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Another Rage Broadhead Muckup >

Another Rage Broadhead Muckup

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Another Rage Broadhead Muckup

Old 11-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Another Rage Broadhead Muckup

He admits it was user error, he just forgot to check it this one time. Keep things simple, the more things that can go wrong will go wrong in the long haul. It's simple odds.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had a friend take a decent 8 point a couple weeks ago with a Rage,15 yard max distance at near 65 d/w and no pass through! Granted he did clip back of shoulder on entrance side but didn't hit bone.It made great entrance hole and we tracked buck about 60 yards with great blood but arrow should have blew through...only pooked off side skin before falling out entry hole.He still swears by them so as long as he's happy hope he doesn't get heartbroke.I'm going with cut on contact or fixed blades!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:23 PM

I was at Gander Mountain the other day shooting. This guy with a Black Ice was practice shooting this new Rage broadheads. I asked him if they were opening up early. He didn't know so I put the paper out there which is normally uses for paper tuning to see if the blades would deploy before impact. Out of his bow, which was shooting at 285 fps because of his short DL, it did not. Then I screwed one onto one of my arrows and shot it out of the 82nd. Different story. If you have a fast bow. Don't even give the rage a second glance.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never had a problem shooting rages out of my bow-as far as I know. I'm just wondering if it's possible that the blades HAVE been opening up but still flew straight so I didn't notice? Has any of yall ever conducted tests of rage in open position for flight? If not,I think that would be a great test.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why do people need to cut a 2+ inch hole in a deer?I've killed 4 deer with the same slick trick this year and watched every one of them fall.All in all,I've killed 24 deer with slick tricks and only had to follow one blood trail.I've yet to ruin a broadhead and I get complete penetration every single time.It can't possibly get any better than that.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:37 AM

You are right, a well placed shot does the trick not the broadhead.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:24 AM

how ironic............. good shot placement equals dead deer? when did this start happening ?

I bought some rage last night along with the limb driver (thanks black stick)
shot them at the range they flew pretty good I didnt notice them opening up when I paper tuned them and I chrono my bow last weekend at 296fps, thats not to say I will not have a problem when Im in illinois or georgia ina couple of weeks but I will find out.
I spoke to one of the guys that travels the country and hunts he told me he has never had a problem with the rage at all. I know he is a little faster then I am with his slayer
and he also hunts more than I do so I decided to give thema try. I will let you know how they do in a couple of weeks. I did however see some pics of a buddies hog he shot here in fla , the hog was 150 lbs and the broad head left a massive hole alomst big enough for me to stick my fat paws in , I also notice that one of the shoulder was blown all to hell ,
all I can say is that is some serious damage. He told me the boar ran about 30yds and you know the rest!
Old 11-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

I was at Gander Mountain the other day shooting. This guy with a Black Ice was practice shooting this new Rage broadheads. I asked him if they were opening up early. He didn't know so I put the paper out there which is normally uses for paper tuning to see if the blades would deploy before impact. Out of his bow, which was shooting at 285 fps because of his short DL, it did not. Then I screwed one onto one of my arrows and shot it out of the 82nd. Different story. If you have a fast bow. Don't even give the rage a second glance.
Sorry pal, but the Rage will NOT open up if you have theblades locked or seated into the o-ring. Just doesn't happen.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

The main problem is people do not seat the blads behind the o-rings properly. If the blade just pushes down on the o-ring, and not past it, it will not stay seated. I use a little silicone grease on the o-rings, this helps the blades slide past the o-ring, and seat properly. Havent had an issue with them yet this year.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Spike

I just got a 10 point Nov. 10 (pics coming soon) the buck was at an angle walking away from me at about 20 yards the arrow went in at the last rib went through the vitals and stuck in the shoulder on the otherside. Th rage was buried in the shoulder to the point where it took minutes to pull the arrow out. The 2-blade was mangled but still in tact. Im at 304 fps with my tribute and to my knowledge i have hadno sign of the broad head opening early. This angle has always scared me but i couldnt be more happy with the performance.

i was huntingin 5 in. of snow in edinboro pa and i couldsee the blood trail the whole fifty yards.

Quick Reply: Another Rage Broadhead Muckup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.