Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Another Rage Broadhead Muckup >

Another Rage Broadhead Muckup

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Another Rage Broadhead Muckup

Old 10-28-2008, 06:21 PM

Default RE: Another Rage Broadhead Muckup

ORIGINAL: drockw

That is terrible. I gurantee they will fix the problem but if/when ever i have an experience like that i am through with them. I will stick with the 3blades b/c i cant recall anyone on here even having trouble with them and i or anyone i personally know has never had troubles with the 3blades either.
Derek
Yea I had high hopes for these because the fly so well.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Their flight is second to none. i dont think anyone can disagree with that, but if the 2blades have so many troubles why dont more people switch over to 3blades. im not promoting them but you really dont hear about the failures as much with the 3blades. maybe its just cuz teh 2blade outsells the 3??? idk, but like i said, i will stick with them until they fail. after that i guess ill be tuning slick tricks or g5's
Derek
Old 10-29-2008, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

It seems for every story of a failure,there's 100 stories of success. I use the 3 blade rage when I use expandables and havn't had the FIRST issue with them yet. They're not for everybody-that's why we have ford,chevy.dodge,imports. I will add however that I use alpine soft-loc quiver that features 2 shaft holders instead of just 1.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's one reason I chose to use Innerloc EXP. It has a clip-loc and the blades won't prematurely open. I never had a problem with Rage because I never used them for this reason.

Here are some other positives: 3 blade vs. 2, good penetration, accurate with field tips, and youcan shoot it with the blades open if need be.

So far I'm 1 for 1 with this head withimpressive damage.

I also agree with stalkingbear, if you are going to use a mechanical, get a quiver with 2 grippers.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually I still have some rocket aeroheads hammerhead 3L and they perform good as well. Althou they make HUGE holes in game (2" cutting diameter) you need to have plenty of kinetic energy due to their forward opening style. While the rage (3 blade for me)are among the absolute best examples of expandables on the market today,I will concede that expandables have a long way to go yet to be perfect. I would have thought that no matter wether the blades was open or not,that close of a shot would still have hit the deer easily but can't say for sure because I've never practiced shooting them while they were open.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Spike

Did you take the blades off before or after you gutted your deer haha
Old 10-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

2 words
operator error
Old 10-30-2008, 08:49 PM

Last weekend I stripped all of the Blazer vanesoffall of my arrows and refleched them with new Blazerswith as much off set as I could. The next day Iwas at the sporting goods store and decided to buya packof two blade Rages. When I got home I screwed the practice head on and climbed up on my shooting platform. Twenty yards and bullseye. Thirty yards and bullseye. Forty yards,dead center left to right and three inches low [using one pin,no hold over]. I'm impressed.They are now in my quiver with my Scorpion XP's. I've been out hunting three times with them and don't have any problems. Once your in your in stand and you pull you arrow from the quiver and check the blades I don't see any problem. I would not however,use them when still hunting. Ken
Old 10-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

Seriously, it is a 2 second check once you get in your stand and nock your arrow to double check and make sure the blades are locked (seated) into the o-ring all the way. If they are they will NOT come open on your draw or in flight, EVER.

When I used fixed bladesI would double check them once I got into the standto make surethey were tight to the arrow and no bladeswere loose on the ferrule. It takes 2 seconds to make sure!
Old 11-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

the three blades were the first to develop problems and where recalled by the manufacturer. everyone is so focused on the big cut......there are at least ten other heads with same or bigger cut and also a 2 balde with 2" cut is a 2" slice a 3 blade with 1.5" cut is actually cutting more tissue (more cutting surface). over the top heads work and use almost no energy(1-1.5"cut) but when you starting swinging open huge cutting blades and try pushing them through deer what do you expect.

Quick Reply: Another Rage Broadhead Muckup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.