Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Looking for a new bow... Mathews? Hoyt? >

Looking for a new bow... Mathews? Hoyt?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Looking for a new bow... Mathews? Hoyt?

Old 12-01-2008, 09:27 PM

Default RE: Looking for a new bow... Mathews? Hoyt?

I myself...I like'em all. I like my 1990 PSE Mach1!

Your not going to go wrong with today's bow. Just get one that feels comfortable to ya and JUST HUNT!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:16 PM

own a matthews dxt and love very smooth,accurate, and simple to maintain. tried the others and liked them as well but settled on the DXT for obvious reasons. warranty, brand name, and simple the best for me! make sure you try them all before buying though.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Spike

I personally love the hoyt . I did shoot the mathews the day I bought my hoyt vectrix . hoyt is just built so much more BUTCH and I feel will hold in the long run.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:25 PM

I heard that the Hoyt's are loud?! I could appreciate the toughness of the bow but wouldn't sacrifice that for noise! Try them all. Hell, I'm trying an Elite tomorrow but like Bowtech.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll probably be banned, but here it goes. I've shot bowtechs for the past six years but decided to change this past year due to the fact that I had lost a little faith in their performance, for me, not everyone but me. I picked up a Z28 and it was a good bow, much like my BT Tribute, which btw is my all time fav BT. I recently purchasedan Hoyt AM 32. Here is the reason, it's smooth, as quiet as my elite and plenty fast for what I use it for. The biggest selling point was durability and consistency. Hoyt makes a solid bow and once tuned is very consistent. I've owned Mathews and will say they are extremely smooth and quiet. I haven't shot one in a while and sure they have continued to improve.

Bottomline, confidence in the feel and how consistent you are in the field with your choice is all that matters. Most any top of the line bow is well built. It's cliche, but you really need to personally test as many as you can. I had never shot a hoyt until this past November and was more than pleasantly surprised.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: fancypoint

I have been bowhunting with the same PSE bow now for about 6 seasons. I am thinking about getting a new bow and I am considering the new Hoyt Katera, Mathews DXT and Drenalin. I was wondering if yall could give me any insight into any of these bows (or possible other bows). Thanks
Go with the either the Matthews Reezen or the Hoyt Alpha Max considering you are a Matthews/Hoyt kind of guy. Those two are very nice bows.

Good luck
Old 12-04-2008, 08:35 PM

so I have been reading a lot about the alpha max and the reezen... Anyone have any personal experience????? I must admit last weekend I shot a 200 pound 9 point with my PSE and don't know if I still want to get a new bow. After this season when I have some more time I will go try out the new bows. Do any of you think that the '09 mathews or hoyt are any/much better then the DXT?
Old 12-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMHO the AM is better than the reezen. I shot the reezen adn it just didnt do it for me like the new bt's and hoyts did. Its a shooter dont get me wrong, but i wont own one. its still a quality bow from mathews but i personally didnt favor it over the AM's at all.
Derek
Old 12-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Spike

The HOYT is really not loud at all you might want to check your source.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:15 PM

Here's my write-up on my DXT. It's updated as it goes so check all the posts:
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3200472&mpage=1

Quick Reply: Looking for a new bow... Mathews? Hoyt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.