HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Slick Trick Noise....... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/269612-slick-trick-noise.html)

boltzie42 10-23-2008 02:36 PM

Slick Trick Noise.......

I know a lot of hunters like these broadheads, but they are the noisiest broadhead I have EVER shot. Granted, at 20 yards and closer, the deer probably wouldn't have time to react. But past that, even at 30 yards, I'd be afraid of a buck moving/ducking from the sound of these things. It's a known fact that deerjump/duck from the string sound, so the 'hissing' sound from these heads would no doubt cause a reaction from the deer.

I've shot Thunderheads (fixed), Muzzy(fixed), and Spitfires (expandable) and wanted to go back to a fixed head. After reading the reviews, I chose the 100 grain Magnum Slick Tricks. Now I'm considering either going back to the Spitfires or trying out the Rocky Mountain 2-blade Snypers because of the rear-deploying blades.

Anyone else have a problem with the hissing noise from the Slick Tricks? It almost sounds as if a vane is torn, but I've shot with different arrows and don't have any hissing sound from my Spitfires or field points.A friend of mine also tried out the StandardSlick Tricksand he's going back to the Spitfire XP's because of the noise.

bigbulls 10-23-2008 02:52 PM

RE: Slick Trick Noise.......

No problem here.

vaclav 10-23-2008 08:44 PM

i shoot slick tricks and i do hear the "hissing" from time to time but not every shot i hear it a lot less then i dont hear it so i am not going to complain about them. i love them

boltzie42 10-23-2008 10:05 PM

If you have the soundfrom time to time, wander if it could be the relation of the vanes to the four-blades? I've read about people aligning blades with the vanes (3-blade), but personally never really believed in it.

kodiakhuntmaster 10-23-2008 11:41 PM

Mine hiss when in flight. I never worried too much about it though.

YooperMike 10-24-2008 10:29 AM

Mine are quiet too...sorry dude.

Flboarhunter 10-24-2008 11:05 AM

I don't know why but there is definate noise issues with these broadheads

Handles 10-24-2008 11:56 AM

I never noticed any sound, neither did the deer as far as I could tell. I'm sure the sound of our bows, even ultra quiet ones, is louder or more disturbing to game. Just shoot.

kf350 10-24-2008 05:25 PM

I hear a slight hissing noise when I shoot them too butI shot a deerlast year at 30 yds and it didn't "jump" it.I've heard some of the guys call it the "hiss of death". The results are too good for me to change.

lou-lou 10-24-2008 08:45 PM

I've shot them both, not much noise from the regular mags but from the grizz-tricks heads up b-52 landing.