Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Slick Trick Noise....... >

Slick Trick Noise.......

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Slick Trick Noise.......

Old 10-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Spike

Default Slick Trick Noise.......

I know a lot of hunters like these broadheads, but they are the noisiest broadhead I have EVER shot. Granted, at 20 yards and closer, the deer probably wouldn't have time to react. But past that, even at 30 yards, I'd be afraid of a buck moving/ducking from the sound of these things. It's a known fact that deerjump/duck from the string sound, so the 'hissing' sound from these heads would no doubt cause a reaction from the deer.

I've shot Thunderheads (fixed), Muzzy(fixed), and Spitfires (expandable) and wanted to go back to a fixed head. After reading the reviews, I chose the 100 grain Magnum Slick Tricks. Now I'm considering either going back to the Spitfires or trying out the Rocky Mountain 2-blade Snypers because of the rear-deploying blades.

Anyone else have a problem with the hissing noise from the Slick Tricks? It almost sounds as if a vane is torn, but I've shot with different arrows and don't have any hissing sound from my Spitfires or field points.A friend of mine also tried out the StandardSlick Tricksand he's going back to the Spitfire XP's because of the noise.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Slick Trick Noise.......

No problem here.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

i shoot slick tricks and i do hear the "hissing" from time to time but not every shot i hear it a lot less then i dont hear it so i am not going to complain about them. i love them
Old 10-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Spike

If you have the soundfrom time to time, wander if it could be the relation of the vanes to the four-blades? I've read about people aligning blades with the vanes (3-blade), but personally never really believed in it.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine hiss when in flight. I never worried too much about it though.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine are quiet too...sorry dude.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Spike

I don't know why but there is definate noise issues with these broadheads
Old 10-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never noticed any sound, neither did the deer as far as I could tell. I'm sure the sound of our bows, even ultra quiet ones, is louder or more disturbing to game. Just shoot.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Spike

I hear a slight hissing noise when I shoot them too butI shot a deerlast year at 30 yds and it didn't "jump" it.I've heard some of the guys call it the "hiss of death". The results are too good for me to change.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Typical Buck

I've shot them both, not much noise from the regular mags but from the grizz-tricks heads up b-52 landing.

Quick Reply: Slick Trick Noise.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.