HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Whisker biscuit question (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/267936-whisker-biscuit-question.html)

kodiakhuntmaster 10-13-2008 07:45 PM

Whisker biscuit question

I've been using a Whisker biscuit rest for a few years now, and it was great for spot and stalk hunting out west, but now that I'm out east again not many people around here seem to like them too much. I've heard a lot of people say that they get better results from the Hostage rest.

What's your opinion on the whisker biscuit?

DeerandbearhoG 10-13-2008 08:06 PM

RE: Whisker biscuit question

Used em for 5 years. Love mine:)

Rory/MO 10-13-2008 08:23 PM

I've had one since Feb. and I love it!

SHOTARYE 10-17-2008 11:00 AM

It's a great rest and I've used it for years, but some folksare not using them correctly. The "Cock Vane" should be up, so the arrow will rest on top of the hard bristles. In this way the arrow's vanes will pass through the soft bristles and will not touch the hard bristle portion of the rest.

Handles 10-23-2008 11:02 AM

Are you falling to peer pressure?? Hey man,if you were cool you would smoke cigarettes like us...
The WB is an outstanding hunting rest, and a very good target rest. If it works well for you why would you let anyone make you think differently?
By the way, your shoes are totally out of style, nerd.

live2Draw 10-23-2008 03:09 PM

if it works for you, why change? I had a WB for a long time, Had a hostage that came with the Diamond, didnt like it and put on a kaz away. Still have the WB on my High country.
No need to change what already works for ya..

wis_bow_huntr 10-28-2008 06:58 AM

Will never trade my WB for anything else.

NavyDeerHunter 10-28-2008 10:06 AM

I had one and shot it for years with no problems at all so I have nothing bad to say about them. I did have a pro shop owner tell me that in his opinion they were "the best, worst rest on the market". I have since started shooting a drop away (trophy taker) rest and think I'm a little more consistantly accurate with it, but would not hesitate in shooting a WB again.

Bradkoz 11-02-2008 09:20 PM

awsome rest. on by last three bows

wont fit on my grizzly though:(

Black Stick 11-02-2008 11:07 PM

Ask yourself, what is the longest shot that I am going to take? If it is more than 40 yards, I would not recommend the WB because the arrow is in contact with it the entire time and if you move the slightest amount, your arrow will not go where you aimed. The longer the shot, the more this is a problem. TO eliminate this problem, go with a drop away like the Vapor Trail Limb Driver.