Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Whisker biscuit question >

Whisker biscuit question

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whisker biscuit question

Old 11-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whisker biscuit question

last buck i shot with it i took at 50yards (i practice at this distance 50-75% of the time) makes close shots sooooooooooo easy
Old 11-03-2008, 08:09 PM

I promise that you would get tighter groups wit a drop away at those distances.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

After many yrs with the WB I went to a dropaway due to the fact I wanted to get my 50-60 yrd groups down(speedgoat/muly) and the WB just wasnt doing it for me,I was just fine at 20-30-40, the WB will show bad forum past 40yrds being how it isnt as forgiving as a dropaway,my son now has the WB on his bow now and loves it.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:09 AM

I was using a octane pro and had some issue with the brushes they kept getting wore out so I switched to whisker biscuit, I then chrono my arrow andnoticed a 8ft per second loss in speed and also my lazer veins keep getting tore up so after my hunt next week I am swithing to the vital gear kazaway rest no more octanes or whisker biscuits for me. but then again I shoot about 150 - 200 arrows about 4 times a week for practice so the octanes and whisker biscuits arent something that is beneficial for me
Old 11-04-2008, 09:16 AM

That vital gear kazaway seems complicated. I don't think you would like it. You might want to look at APA because their rests are full capture and drop away. Don't rule the Vapor Trail Limb Driver out either because it is super quiet.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:01 AM

Ive heard that helical fletchings can cause a problem in the WB.....but I shoot helicals and a WB and have never had a problem...I love it and would definitely recomend it.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:10 AM

It might make the fletchings wear faster. The greater tighter helicals would exaggerate this problem.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

i dont know how much shootin you do. but i shoot alot and when i had my wb my fletching kept fallin off after that i switched a full containment drop away and i love. i still use wb for shooting carp works great
Old 11-04-2008, 01:45 PM

slayer i have too agree I shot alot and notice the same thing i guess if your just shooting to keep your bow tuned and a few times in the woods WB or the octance would be OK but I shoot alot at least 4 times a week 5 hours a day.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:11 PM

I disagree, just because you are strictly a hunter doesn't make the WB ok. You could do a lot better with a full containment drop away like the ones made by APA and QAD.

Quick Reply: Whisker biscuit question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.