Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Hoyt vs Reflex? does the $$$ make that big a difference? >

Hoyt vs Reflex? does the $$$ make that big a difference?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt vs Reflex? does the $$$ make that big a difference?

Old 10-17-2008, 12:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt vs Reflex? does the $$$ make that big a difference?

^haha, i tell everyone that archery is my golf. ive never golfed before but from what people say they seem pretty similar. one day your spot on and the next... well, you might as well have stayed home. and if you are into either competitively, they arent cheap at all either
Old 10-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

Archery is like golf in the fact you have to be able to repeat the motions to produce a good shot over and over. When first learning or entering either sport that first set of clubs or bow doesn't need to be the best until you find your form and routine and if you like the sport or not. As your game gets better that is when you step up and take advantage of newer technology. With golf the key is the golf club shaft that is the engine of the club and also good clubs are made with better metals that produce better shots. In archery or golf get the equipment that fits you and your game. I know a lot a people try to buy their game, but using good equipment raises your confidence level. If you can't buy new buy used that is just a tad bit behind (2-3 yrs) the new technology.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:32 PM

I picked up a Reflex Growler last year on a closeout and, although it was not a bad bow, it did not shoot as well as a Hoyt Vectrix - at least for me. I personally think the high end bows are an example of "you get what you pay for".
Old 10-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

If you can't afford a Hoyt, go with the Reflex. I have shot one for 3 years now and have never had to touch it as far as tuning goes. I shoot alot durring the year and I'm very happy with it.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:48 PM

Thanks for all the feedback you guys....i shoot all year long, I've had my reflex grizzly for 3 yrs now, and its shootin like a dream, but i've always wanted that hoyt ya know...and its just that time to go new...but for the last 2 years i do nothin but bow hunt, i may carry my gun 3-5 times a season, but nothin matches up to the rush of bowhuntin...

thanks again everyone, looks like im leaning towards goinbroke!