Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Hoyt vs Reflex? does the $$$ make that big a difference? >

Hoyt vs Reflex? does the $$$ make that big a difference?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt vs Reflex? does the $$$ make that big a difference?

Old 10-10-2008, 03:07 PM

Default Hoyt vs Reflex? does the $$$ make that big a difference?

I'm already starting to set up for next year even though this season aint even got hot yet..

I love this split limbs, and the cam 1/2 deal, and i know that hoyt and reflex are almost exactly the same...except for the money situation...

which brings my question, reflex has the charger and the ridge line, both are mid sized bows around 35" and offer the weight and pull i need, and are both plenty fast...but is it worth the extra $ to get maybe a vetrix or katera by hoyt, or keep the difference and accesorize to the max with the reflex?

or any input on other bows is also welome...

thanks
Old 10-10-2008, 07:40 PM

Default RE: Hoyt vs Reflex? does the $$$ make that big a difference?

IMO I dont really think there is that much of a difference on the lower line bows. You just have to wait a year or so until they make the bow for the second line. I really think that most of it is pretty much the same bow with maybe a different cam and a different stamp on the bow. I would shoot the bows and compare them. If you dont mind a big difference and can live having a reflex instead of a hoyt, I would go with the reflex and accessorize the bow to no end. The biggest thing is just shooting the bow and deciding which one feels the best.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

deerdropper your in luck, this year Hoyt has a lower price point hawk series. They have the SuperHawk with laminated limbs and the Powerhawk with fiberglass limbs. Priced $499-599. Its basically the reflex with some Hoyt goodies for a lower price point in a Pro shop. Hit the Hoyt web site and it will give you some specs.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:28 PM

I have the Hoyt Avenger and shoots well haven't had any complaints yet.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

Here is my take on the subject...the Hoyt Katera or any of their "top of the line" bows are very very good bows. I have a Vulcan and love it. With that said I shoot mine almost everyday and utilize the bow a ton so spending the extra money on what I believe is a better product than a slightly lower model (reflex) or now known as the superhawk/powerhawk is definetly worth it for me. On the other hand take for example right now I am lookign for some new golf clubs. I was thinking of buying some top of the line clubs but to be honest I probably don't need it or would I utilize them to their full ability. With that said I am going to buy some Callaway knockoff clubs that will probably be just fine for my skill. What I am saying is buy what works for you and keep in mind how often you plan to use your bow because you pay for what you get.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

^or if you golf, just quit that all together and get a 3d/target only bowj/k
Seriously though AZhuntr has a very good point. its all about what you need and want. Me, id go for the hoyt. archery is my passion though and it may not be yours. if your just wanting a bow to hunt with and shoot in the backyard, the reflex should fit the bill. other than that, jsut shoot em and see what YOU think.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:46 AM

I have a reflex and love it. It is 4 years old, and with a small amount of tuning, shoots like a dream.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

Reflex is being phased out for the 2009 model year. Everyting will have the Hoyt name on it. The "Hawk" series bow will take their place, and seem to be good buys. So like a previous poster said, maybe you can check those out.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

I just bought a new reflex and it shoots real nice. I also have a buddy that shoots competition and uses hoyts, and they dont shoot alot different. For the money a reflex is a good bow.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Fork Horn

Hell yeah I agree with you I should quit golf I am much better at shooting my bow...However golf is one of those things that I can't let it get the best of me and trust me it is getting the best of me

Quick Reply: Hoyt vs Reflex? does the $$$ make that big a difference?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.