Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Vital Gear Hollow Pino sight? >

Vital Gear Hollow Pino sight?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Vital Gear Hollow Pino sight?

Old 10-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Spike

Default Vital Gear Hollow Pino sight?

Has anyone used the Vital Gear Hollow Pino bow sight? Idon't like peep sights and am presently using ahome made version of the Hind Sightthat consists of a single fixed pin front sight (which works fine) and a rear sight this is used to align with the front sight.

My home made versionworks fine indecent light, but the rear sight consists of two set screwswith the tips painted white. In very dim light (which is often when a shot opportunity appears) I can still see the fiber-optic front sight but cannot see mynon-illuminated rear sight.

The Hollow Pino sight looks like an interesting alternative: it has a single fiber-optic pin front sight with a rear sight that consists of two fiber-opticlines: the two ends of onefiber createsleft/right points while the two ends of the other fiber createstop/bottom points.

With this arrangement, both the front and rear sight aiming points will be fiber-optic cables which seems like a good idea. However, it costs $150, so I would very much like to know of anyone's first-hand experience before buying one.