HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Best Ladies Bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/267049-best-ladies-bow.html)

Roskoe 10-08-2008 11:39 AM

Best Ladies Bow

My daughter (28 years old) has been shooting a Mathews Genesis for almost a year now and I would like to move her up to a little better bow. I'm currently considering: Diamond Edge, Browning Micro Midas, Martin Leopard, and the Reflex Prohawk.She will need a 40# bow with a 25" draw length. Any comments or experience here? Thanks. Roskoe

rynigner 10-08-2008 12:19 PM

RE: Best Ladies Bow

I just went through that myself with my wife... I took her to the shop that I frequent often. My friend behind the counter & I let her pick out the bow she liked the best. Just offered suggestions along the way. She is a 25.5" draw and currently can draw #40. She ended up picking out a Hoyt Kobalt as the bow she licked the best for herself. We picked up the bare bow for not much over $500. It was a little more than I was wanting to spend, but the only thing it needed was a whisker biscuit. We transferred everything else over from my backup bow that I no longer needed, for the time being. It is all the bow she will need for a very long time as it will obviously go up to #50, and has a lifetime warranty with it....

Warden41272 10-08-2008 01:00 PM

Check out the Hoyt Trykon. I live about 2 doors down from my sheriff, and his wife shoots one. She loves it.

JFergus7 10-08-2008 01:04 PM

Well I know you can't go wrong with the Diamon Edge. My daughter shoots that bow and she absolutly loves it. I couldn't have been happier with the purchase either. Extremely adjustable and a great deal for the price.

I am however a Hoyt guy so I would definetly suggest you look at them also as the others suggested!

live2Draw 10-09-2008 04:04 PM

I would suggest going to parkers website I think It is www.parkerbows.com. they have a great selection for ladies and short draw archers, and a really neat app to help find the perfect bow!! they are quiet, smooth and very reasonably priced!!
the martins are the same deal for me! I think they are amongst the quietest easiest shooting bows in the price point!
I liked the edge, but it had quite a bit more vibration than the others. We went through this with my g/f a coupla years ago, she ended up with a parker buckshot. Great little bow, now she wants a parralle limb parker or a bowtech.

YooperMike 10-09-2008 04:14 PM

My wife shoots a Hoyt Vectrix, 50-60 pound. She started with a RinTec XL, and then upgraded to a Vectrix. I would encourage to get a bow with an adjustable draw to start with, at least where you can adjust an inch or so without a hassle, since she is going to need to get settled in to a proper draw length. There really area lot of choices out there, don't get set on a WOMAN'S bow necessarily, as they are few and far between, look for a bow with lower poundage, no matter the model.

whitetailbowhunter 10-09-2008 04:24 PM

I would take a good look at the Diamond The Edge, And the bowtech equalizer, they don't make the equalizer anymore but some shops might still have some 08's left.

passthru79 10-09-2008 06:22 PM

I just got my wife an equalizer for this year. I cant beleive bowtech would drop that bow, its one of the best performing short draw bows out there.

drockw 10-09-2008 10:58 PM

diamond edge. good good bow, i got one for my gf this year and i am very pleased with it. and it is only 299 setup with a hostage rest on it! you cant beat that at all especially for how well it shoots.
DErek

Dopler 10-10-2008 05:06 PM

I just picked up a 40#Diamond Edge for my woman.The draw adjusts from 18" to 28" and the brace height is perfect at 6.75", compfortable but maintains adecent powerstroke for the shorter draw folks. It's a real nice bow for the money, I think it would easily kill a deer. I remember when I started archery, my parents bought me a circa 1981 Bear compound bow, 30-40 LBS andman was it slow. When I was setting up the new Diamond for her, I couldn't help but think how much I would have loved that as my first bow way back then.