Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt Bows>????

Old 10-14-2008, 07:32 PM

Default RE: Hoyt Bows>????

My avenger is doin the trick, very tough
Old 10-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Spike

Default RE: Hoyt Bows>????

I too have been shooting an older bow over the last several years because I was tight on funds. A few weeks ago I purchased a Hoyt Katera and have never been happier. Granted I had to drop a dime, but it will be with me for a while. Take everyone's advice and put your money towards a newer one from the classifides or your local shop...it does make a difference.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Spike

Default hoyt alphatec

well i just sighned up for this forum to tell you my opinion

ive shot many bows the only ones i like are the hoyts

I started on an older one and now i have my dads 2000 hoyt alphatec lets just sum this up by saying you couldnt pay me to shoot another bow it is by far the nicest bow ive ever shot

and there are many ways to hop it up my dad had custom lims on it and cams and had it set at a killer 110lb draw he hurt his sholder returned it to original and passsed it down to me it is now set on 75lb draw and i love it

but ive shot older hoyts since i started 6 years ago and thats the kind of action i like and am good with so the alphatec is perfect for me but you might want to look around pull some other bows back and see what fits you the best

hope i was some help to you. if it were me i wouldnt hesitate to buy the alphatec it a well made bow with a smooth draw and extremely acurite up to a good 50yds when set up properly at a 75lb draw
Old 10-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Spike

2011 line of Hoyts were just released today
Old 10-14-2010, 11:16 AM
bigcountry

If you can, try the alphamax 35. I shoot one and its about the best bow I ever had. A tad noiser than my bowtech commander. But tunes like a dream. Forgiving.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by BFR
I'm interested to see what people consider an "old" bow. I'm shooting a magnatec that I bought for $350 in '99. I shoots as well today as it ever has. Very well that is (270 fps). I think thats a good testiment to Hoyt. Almost 10 yrs. old going quite strong. I have no plans to replace it and money isn't really an issue. Shot a nice 8 pt. on Sept. 13 and a doe last Sat. in Wis.

After beginning my bowhunting career with old, hand-me-down bows, I don't consider it an old bow.
I think 10 yrs. ago, a 10 yr. old bow would be over the hill, but they've come a long way in recent years. Considering that new bows cost as much as rifles, they should last nearly as long.

I put on a drop away rest this year and am very pleased the accuracy
I shoot an old (15 years atleast) Pearson Renegade II. Picked it up bare at a sporting goods store for $35 last year. Put a decent sight, whisker biscuit and an Alpine Archery quiver on it and i'm looking to get my first kill with it this year. I'll probably upgrade to something a bit newer next year, but I have no problems shooting it. I can pull a 4" group at 30 yards with it, which, in rifle shooting we would say is "good enough for minute of deer". Wife says after I kill something with this old thing I can buy something newer.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:22 AM
Spike

Default hoyt bows

i use to shoot a hoyt vtech (switched to pse omen) my wife uses it now. it is still a awesome bow. i used it as a starter bow. the alphatec is older you would be better getting a bow with the cam and a half.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Spike

I shoot a Hoyt Trykon, no problems and I love it, have shot PSE and Mathew, and I stll like my Hoyt best, but you should go and shoot different bows and see which one YOU like best.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Hoyt Pro Tec. For someone that shoots fingers with a 33" draw Hoyt makes what few other manufacturers are willing to produce.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone check the date of the original post???

Quick Reply: Hoyt Bows>????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.