Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

PSE X-Force

Old 10-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: PSE X-Force

Kdberman,

I don't have much experience with PSE so I was not insulting the bow, I just hear time and time again from people (not me) that the bows went into the toilet after Pete Sheppley left the companyand the bows didn't return to glory until his return a couple of years back.

Some guys have way too much product loyalty and get all upset when you say their bow is bad. It's like bashing ford or chevy and getting mad about it, whytake it personal? P.S. I drive Chevy pick up truckso tell me they arejunk and we'll call it even ;-)
Old 10-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Typical Buck

Put it this way, I have always been a die hard Mathews fan, until the X-force 7 came out. Bottom line PSE put out a better product this year. Mathews had nothing that even came close to this bow. I'm not a wagon jumper by any means, but when it came to performance the PSE won. If Mathews had something even in the ballpark I would have bought it. This bow is the most amazing piece of archery equiptment I have ever owned. Buy one you will be happy you did.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:02 PM

I walked into my local shop and the tech said he had been waiting on me to come in. he had a bow for me to try. It was the x-force 80lb. model already set at my 31 inch draw. I shot it about 50 times and fell in love with it. it is extremely fast, smooth, quiet and very very accurate. Unfortunately i had bought a hoyt about a month before. Wife would not like another bow that soon. But my son has outgrouwn his mathews so i am going to get him one for christmas.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dopler

Kdberman,

I don't have much experience with PSE so I was not insulting the bow, I just hear time and time again from people (not me) that the bows went into the toilet after Pete Sheppley left the companyand the bows didn't return to glory until his return a couple of years back.

Some guys have way too much product loyalty and get all upset when you say their bow is bad. It's like bashing ford or chevy and getting mad about it, whytake it personal? P.S. I drive Chevy pick up truckso tell me they arejunk and we'll call it even ;-)

Haha sounds good cuz Im an F-150 guy.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:52 PM

The 2009 PSE'sshould be showing up at the shops soon. The Pro Series has the new GX cams and America's Best bowstrings plus other improvements from last year. The mainline has been expanded with the addition of3 Bow Madness bows. These are single cam bows based on the X-Force technology, they will come in 36", 32" and 28 1/2" axle to axle. The "Chaos" is another addition to the lineup, a bow for kids and short draw archers, it will have a full 10 inchs of DL adjustment from 17" to 27". Should be a great year.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Colorado_Hunter

The 2009 PSE'sshould be showing up at the shops soon. The Pro Series has the new GX cams and America's Best bowstrings plus other improvements from last year. The mainline has been expanded with the addition of3 Bow Madness bows. These are single cam bows based on the X-Force technology, they will come in 36", 32" and 28 1/2" axle to axle. The "Chaos" is another addition to the lineup, a bow for kids and short draw archers, it will have a full 10 inchs of DL adjustment from 17" to 27". Should be a great year.
Not every one of the Pro-Series bows will have the ABB strings on. The X-Force TS won't for example. I talked to PSE and they said it was to keep costs down on their "lower end" bows. How in the heck a $700 bare bow is "lower end" is beyond me. lol I've been less than impressed with the customer service from PSE; it's pretty impersonal and not nearly what you would expect from a company selling thousand dollar bows. That said, I love the bow. I ordered my own set of ABB strings for my TS. I haven't gotten them yet, but the service I got from ABB was very friendly, and they shipped a day earlier than I was promised on the phone with Jerry. ABB seemed eager to please, and realized they were taking my money, and were trying to earn it.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:28 PM

I shot the new GX X-Force today (unfortunately I didn't get to try the Dream Season). All I have to say is, I was going to get one of the new Bowtechs once I saw the release of the new pictures. Well, not anymore. They fixed everything I didn't like about last years X-Force. The draw length is more accurate, it has a valley now, and it has a nice 80% letoff. I can now comfortably sit and hold the bow without it wanting to rip my shoulder out of socket. The bow had no vibration and was pretty quiet as well. Pretty IMPRESSIVE for a speed bow. The only negative I would say about it is that it has kind of an abrupt drop into the valley. But I'd take it anyday just to have that valley now compared to last years model. Plus, I think your muscles will train themselves to the new draw. All I can say is if you are thinking of getting a new bow, try one of the new X-Forces before buying one of the others. I'm saving up right now for a Dream Season.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

I got my new PSEDream Season bow on Friday. I don't have a pro shop around meso I bought one from a dealer who mailed it to me and they sent me the wrong bow, a 70# instead of an80#. The bow is 31" and cranks downto 73LBS. I wasthinking about mailing it back and exchanging it but after shooting it a few times and seeing the speed it delivered made me realize that I didn'tneed an 80# bowso I decided to keep it (plus, I don't think I could stand to wait anymore).

I compared it to all of my other bows, 2 Mathews bows (aConquest3 and aMathewsClassic) anda Bowtech General.Shooting an xx78 arrow, 481 grainand a 404 grain ACC. I got 303 FPS with the xx78, that was 32 fps faster than thecloset competitor(which wasmy200776LB Mathews Classic). I got 324 FPSwith the ACC. I've never been able to get an XX78 to break the 300 fpsbarrier beforeeven with80LB bows.The bow has a smooth andeasy draw cycle for a speed bow, the valley is tight but it's nice and very managable.Withoutanything on the bow string, it was still more quiet than any of my other bows (the General was the closest). It had no hand shock, had great balance and has a comfortable7" brace height to boot. I never in my wildest dreamsthought I'd everbe saying this about a PSE bow and especially a split limb bow as I had nightmares with the Hoyt Trykon split lims when I owned onebutthis PSE Dream Season is the most impressive bow I've ever shot in my life.The last time I shot a PSE bow was a BabyG in the late 90's, what a difference a decade makes!
Old 10-20-2008, 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Dopler

I got my new PSEDream Season bow on Friday. I don't have a pro shop around meso I bought one from a dealer who mailed it to me and they sent me the wrong bow, a 70# instead of an80#. The bow is 31" and cranks downto 73LBS. I wasthinking about mailing it back and exchanging it but after shooting it a few times and seeing the speed it delivered made me realize that I didn'tneed an 80# bowso I decided to keep it (plus, I don't think I could stand to wait anymore).

I compared it to all of my other bows, 2 Mathews bows (aConquest3 and aMathewsClassic) anda Bowtech General.Shooting an xx78 arrow, 481 grainand a 404 grain ACC. I got 303 FPS with the xx78, that was 32 fps faster than thecloset competitor(which wasmy200776LB Mathews Classic). I got 324 FPSwith the ACC. I've never been able to get an XX78 to break the 300 fpsbarrier beforeeven with80LB bows.The bow has a smooth andeasy draw cycle for a speed bow, the valley is tight but it's nice and very managable.Withoutanything on the bow string, it was still more quiet than any of my other bows (the General was the closest). It had no hand shock, had great balance and has a comfortable7" brace height to boot. I never in my wildest dreamsthought I'd everbe saying this about a PSE bow and especially a split limb bow as I had nightmares with the Hoyt Trykon split lims when I owned onebutthis PSE Dream Season is the most impressive bow I've ever shot in my life.The last time I shot a PSE bow was a BabyG in the late 90's, what a difference a decade makes!
Did you get the new '09 version or the old models? The old models are very nice as well, but I think the new ones are more comfortable to shoot, and even faster.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

I love my new X-Force Dream Season. It's quiet, fast, and smooth. I had heard complaints of the draw cycle, but that is definitely not the case with mine. I've taken several deer this season with it, and I look forward to shooting 3Ds with it in the Spring and maybe even Field rounds if it turns out to be easier to shoot accurately than my target bow, which is a possibility.

Quick Reply: PSE X-Force

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.