Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

09 Admiral

Old 10-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default 09 Admiral

Just want to share with everyone that this is one smooth bow. I just shot one and I'm sold! Not the fastest, but it is light, smooth and quiet. 65# is kind of hard for me to pull, but this one set at 65 and I can pull like crazy.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 09 Admiral

You have 65 there twice. IS it like the 08 general?
Old 10-02-2008, 05:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Glad you like the bow. I am very eager to get my hands wrapped around mine as well. I hope to see it fairly soon but with the demand for them at this point it may be awhile.

I am really looking forward to shooting it, especially in comparison to the Ice Man.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

It has been a while since I shot the general, but my friend owned a guardian. He was shooting the admiral with me, and he said it was smoother than his guardian.

I know I had 65# twice. What I mean by the first number is that with my own bow set at 65, I can hardly draw it. The admiral at 65 is just like my own bow at 60 or a tad less.

I like the Ice man too, but it won't go under 26" according to the unofficial spec.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:03 PM

I just got back from my archery shop where I shot the admiral. This is an incredible bow. I have a guardian and I love it but the admiral is night and day.

My archery shop carries hoyt, mathews, and bowtech. He is top 3 mathews and hoyt dealer in the nation. He is also sponsored by hoyt.

He took me out to the range and had me shoot the admiral. He looked at me with a huge smile on his face and said "what did you feel?"

I felt nothing. No handshock. No noise. If I had closed my eyes, I don't think I would have felt the bow shot in my left hand. It was incredible. I have never shot a bow like this before. This is a huge gamechanger.

We went to chrono next - 316 fps. That is fast enough for me.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

^That is exactly what almost everyone that shoots anyone of the center pivot bows for the first time says. the first time i shot the general i almost dropped it. it scared the hell outta me honestly cuz it was like nothing happened when it was supposed to.

im starting to become more 3d oriented so i am probably going to buy the captain or the sentinal this year. im sure the admiral is the same/improved version of the general, but they are just too short or a bow for 3d. i think im going with the captain. cant wait to shoot it!
Old 10-23-2008, 07:56 AM

I work at a bow shop and ive had 4 new bows in the past 3 years and i shot the admiral when we got it in and wow im amazed it shorter and lighter and it still has no vibration or aftershock
Old 10-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

I shot it a couple days ago. Very quiet and dead in the hands. Great bow!
Old 10-23-2008, 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: drockw

im starting to become more 3d oriented so i am probably going to buy the captain or the sentinal this year. im sure the admiral is the same/improved version of the general, but they are just too short or a bow for 3d. i think im going with the captain. cant wait to shoot it!
I am fairly new to bows this year. I saw the Admiral last night and it is a sweet bow. I am waiting for them to get a left handed bow in to test out. I also wanted to get a Captain in my hands side by side with the Admiral.

What do you mean the Admiral is too short for 3d? Please explain as I am ignorant to why a short bow is not good for 3D. Thank you.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

as far as the admiral/general not being great for 3d, they are just too short for good stability. Now, keep in mind here, im not talking about going out to a shoot and shooting for the heck of it to keep up on your archery skills. Im talking about it in the form of acompetitive sport, although its not really competitive to me, i just enjoy it... ALOT! Anyways, a longer bow will stabilize camber (left or right) better adn is more accurate. that is why pros or people who have target only bows the ATA is LLONNNNGGGGG. Short ATA is great for being comfortable to pack and hunt, but its not great for 3d. thats why i wanted the captain b/c its the median bow of the bowtech center pivots. I just traded my general for the 101st which will be my target bow. so ill probably end up still getting a captain or admiral next springi shot my general for 3d last year and i loved it, it just held me back some in a sense that i know i could get better target performance out of a longer ata bow.
Either way, the 09 Admiral and Captain are amazing bows and you couldnt go wrong with either one.
derek

Quick Reply: 09 Admiral

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.