Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 The one Time I will ask for help... >

The one Time I will ask for help...

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The one Time I will ask for help...

Old 10-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The one Time I will ask for help...

shoulda bought a bowtech :Pno just kidding.... Nothing wrong with either of the bows you liked, and everythings looks good that they put on it, ecept maybe the rest. I like the limbdriver, I think its the best rest.

good luck with it........ I know how you feel bout those hats, my bowtech hat wasn't cheap either.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since I switched to mathews several years ago from hoyt,I'm now firmly for mathews. It's been 20some years since I shot 3D so naturally I'm not the best of shots but I can keep a group in the middle of the bottom of a sodapop can at 35 yards with my switchback xt. It boils down to what you want as ANY of the top bows will more than do their job if you do yours. Another thing to consider is the fact that hoyt has "cam and a 1/2" whereas mathews has single cam. It seems to me that single cam is better to ME because I've NEVER had a single cam to go out of time-something easily overlooked or dismissed until it actually happens and you find you can't hit like you used to be able to until you correct it and adjust everything.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:58 PM

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

Since I switched to mathews several years ago from hoyt,I'm now firmly for mathews. It's been 20some years since I shot 3D so naturally I'm not the best of shots but I can keep a group in the middle of the bottom of a sodapop can at 35 yards with my switchback xt. It boils down to what you want as ANY of the top bows will more than do their job if you do yours. Another thing to consider is the fact that hoyt has "cam and a 1/2" whereas mathews has single cam. It seems to me that single cam is better to ME because I've NEVER had a single cam to go out of time-something easily overlooked or dismissed until it actually happens and you find you can't hit like you used to be able to until you correct it and adjust everything.
I keep going back to my XT too, and thinking none of these bows are $800 beter than it. Mabe one of them will be in '09.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

lockstock&Arrow, you've gotten yourself a pretty darn good combination. The NAP 3000 is an older rest, does the job. However, in the last 3 years the drop away rest seems most popular. You'll see others swear by their 'biscuit FC rest' also.
For me, I have settled with the drop away...until something else moves it over.
The 400FMJ, slick trick are both great choices. You've obviously spent your money welland you'll enjoy every cent of it in time.
Congrats and enjoy your bow!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Spike

Being excited about my new set-up is the least that can be said about it. I have shot the hell out of the Katera over the last several days and am very impressed in the huge steps that technology has taken.

Now, do not get me wrong I was very proficient in using my previous bow manufactored in 1971 (was given to me brand new several years back by my grandfather), but compared to these new bow....night and day!

I have read a lot over the last several months and talked to many people. However, dropping that much coin makes everyone think twice about their decions. I do believe that I made the correct one. Just hope that my add ons are up to par as well.

Thank once again to those that have chimed in for me!

Dan