HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Lighted Nocks (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/265204-lighted-nocks.html)

zophy 09-27-2008 08:52 AM

Lighted Nocks

Has anyone tried the new G5 Nock? I'm not having good luck with lumenok.

IL-Cornfed 09-27-2008 03:24 PM

RE: Lighted Nocks

You have got to try the Firenocks. They are the G-force activated nocks that G5 was trying to release but never could get their act together. They are incredible, way better than ANY other lighted nock on the market. A super bright led, excellent battery life, and a simple tap on the back to deactivate them.... you will no longer have to worry about pulling the nocks up and out of twisting and turning them to get them to shut off. You've got to check 'em out? I promise you, you'll be impressed!

Kirch 09-29-2008 09:13 AM

seem a little heavy at 27 gains.

npockat32 09-29-2008 10:34 AM

Firenocks for me too. Shot a doe with them this weekend.

The best on the market IMO.

Tribal 09-29-2008 11:44 AM

I had troubles with luminocks working only 50% of the time. This year because they were available at most stores around me I will try the easton tracer nocks. So far worked awesome on my one doe. So you could also consider them they seem to be easier to find than firenocks.

npockat32 09-29-2008 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Tribal

I had troubles with luminocks working only 50% of the time. This year because they were available at most stores around me I will try the easton tracer nocks. So far worked awesome on my one doe. So you could also consider them they seem to be easier to find than firenocks.
Firenocks don't require a magnet like tracers do. I got rid of my tracers and switched to firenocks. Go to firenock.com and purchase them from there or if you have any questions call Dorge at the contact # on the site...He is a very nice guy. Actually just talked to him today.

live2Draw 09-29-2008 03:55 PM

Holy crap they are 20 bucks a piece!!!!
That puts an arrow at around hmmm $45 A Piece!!

npockat32 09-30-2008 07:43 AM

ORIGINAL: live2Draw

Holy crap they are 20 bucks a piece!!!!
That puts an arrow at around hmmm $45 A Piece!!
You get what you pay for!:)

Parkerbow 09-30-2008 08:21 AM

Ditto. You get what you pay for

millerrambo 10-18-2008 01:35 PM

ArchersFlame nocks are awesome 100 shots praticing 100 times they lit up. and there 6 for $50 with free shipping.

peregordusmc 10-18-2008 03:22 PM

I have a friend that actually makes his own light up knocks. it seemed pretty easy when he was telling me about it. I know he gets the majority of the stuff from walmart that he makes them with. Im not sure about the weight but i have seen him shoot about 6 of them on different arrows and they worked every shot. If anyone is interested in knowing how to make your own i can ask him to explain it to me again and i will post a thread on how to make them.

Tomkat08 10-18-2008 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: millerrambo

ArchersFlame nocks are awesome 100 shots praticing 100 times they lit up. and there 6 for $50 with free shipping.
They dont say on the site how long the battery last?

ORIGINAL: peregordusmc

I have a friend that actually makes his own light up knocks. it seemed pretty easy when he was telling me about it. I know he gets the majority of the stuff from walmart that he makes them with. Im not sure about the weight but i have seen him shoot about 6 of them on different arrows and they worked every shot. If anyone is interested in knowing how to make your own i can ask him to explain it to me again and i will post a thread on how to make them.
There is a you tube videos on doing this. But if his method is diffrent im willing to see read,hear it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqLT-4ezzk

peregordusmc 10-19-2008 11:07 AM

yea thats pretty much how he does it. Gets them bobber glow things from walmart and the glue. Cheap and seems easy enough.