HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Peep Sight Question. Help Hurry. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/264826-peep-sight-question-help-hurry.html)

MI TAMBO 09-24-2008 07:39 PM

Peep Sight Question. Help Hurry.

Guys, any direction here. I use a 1/4" peep with tubing. Practicing this year I have broken the tubing 3 times. I am getting a little frustrated and want to change. I don't need this breaking in the woods. I have looked at the following. Please give me some feedback.

G5 Meta 1/4" saw some good reviews.
RAD Super Duce 1/4" saw some good reviews also.

Thanks TAMBO.

Centaur 1 09-24-2008 08:00 PM

RE: Peep Sight Question. Help Hurry.

I have the G5 and like it. I use the TRU ball speed nock to assure proper peep alignment.

http://www.truball.com/noks.html

bigbulls 09-24-2008 09:04 PM

You are probablytying the tube too short and streching it out too much. It should just barely strech tight at full draw.

PAHUNTERR21 09-24-2008 09:21 PM

I have the string splitter, works great but its twenty bucks for that tiny piece.

Centaur 1 09-25-2008 07:55 AM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

You are probablytying the tube too short and streching it out too much. It should just barely strech tight at full draw.
Is there any reason that someone has to use rubber tubing? If it were adjusted properly couldn't you use a piece of release cord? I think that it would be a lot quieter than tubing.

npockat32 09-25-2008 10:37 AM

Get the G5. I love mine 1/4"

bscman 09-25-2008 04:05 PM

I've gone 2-3 years before having to replace the rubber tubing on my peeps...
I second the idea that you're tying them too tight.

I hear a lot of complaints at my club about constantly having to take the bow into the shop to have the string twisted and tweaked in order for their tubelesspeeps to align...and the very next shoot, they're off again. It takes time to "train" the string.

If you want to upgrade to a tubeless peep, realize that they don't always work well with "cheap" strings. Cheap strings stretch more, and you'll be fighting peep alignment. So if you've got the "typical" bow with factory strings, you might consider an upgrade.

I've also seen the metal "screw on" string loops come free and fly back into the shooters face (or crowd). The older steel ones would eat up release jaws...then when people switched back to a string loop, the release would wear out the loop in short order.

Yes, I still use a peep with a tube.
I'd rather sacrifice a few FPS with a rubber tube (4fps was the difference with my lights out).Some of thenewer peeps use a smaller diameter peep tubing than what used to be used--it isn't nearly as loud and weighs 1/2 as much as the older ones.

Do I like knowing I'm losing an extra 4fps with the tubing? No...
But at least I know my peep will be aligned whenmy "trophy of a lifetime" comes around.

Crazyfarmer 09-25-2008 05:04 PM

I lost 6fps with mine.. I had my tubing break and I chronoed a shot close up just to see and saw 5-6fps gains. Not enough to worry about since I do shoot better with the peep lol. My tubings pretty big so i may try some of the smaller tubing and maybe pick up 2fps.

but your last sentence says it all.. its nice knowing you have proper alignment when it counts

Tomkat08 09-27-2008 08:42 AM

Hey mate i have had the same problem.

Get rid of the tube peep and get a G5 or a Tru Peep
I wanted the G5, But my bow shop only had Tru Peep.
So i used it, works well. All you have to do is train it after swapping.
Not to hard to do just give it a little turn before each shot till it stays put after a few shots.

shocknawh 09-28-2008 08:48 PM

my peep moves, I have the g5, andthe metal loop, i think the zebra no twist string would probably be the best bet, kinda costly though