Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

need new arrows

Old 09-24-2008, 09:44 AM

Default need new arrows

I shoot a Matthews SQ2 at 70# with 28" arrows. Right now I have Beman ICS 400's and I want to switch.

I was thinking about Easton Full Metal Jackets because they are really thin arrows and have carbon and aluminum. The only downside is that they are 11.3 gpi and my Bemans are only 8.4. I don't know much about arrowsso any help is appreciated.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Spike

Default RE: need new arrows

You should take a look at the easton axis n-fused carbon there 9.5gpi and they have excellent penetration and you wont lose as much speed as you would with the full metal jackets. I dont know to much about the fmj but i know one of the guys at my pro shop doesnt recomend them. He said something about he would rather have the aluminum on the inside than the outside but he is also very opinianated against anything he doesnt shoot. I shoot the axis arrows and i love them so far there thin, fast, and they hit hard.

[hr]

07 Bowtech Tribute 70#
Easton Axis N-Fused w/100gr 2-Blade RAGE
Spott Hog Sight
STS string stopper
Trophy Ridge Dropzone Rest
Doinker Stabilizer,string splitter,kisser button
294 Fps [align=right]
(in reply to MattressMLB) [/align]
Old 09-24-2008, 10:34 AM

Default RE: need new arrows

thanks, thats what I was thinking about getting but its not listed on their shaft selector on their website. Im going to call them now