Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Mathews FX vs. Buckmaster G2 >

Mathews FX vs. Buckmaster G2

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Mathews FX vs. Buckmaster G2

Old 03-17-2003, 09:07 AM

Default Mathews FX vs. Buckmaster G2

have a friend that just recently started bowhunting (' 02). he' s getting a new bow, but is torn between the Mathews FX and the Buckmaster G2. any tips?
Old 03-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mathews FX vs. Buckmaster G2

Either bow is a good choice. Hopefully he has shot both to see which one fit his criteria best. I have never shot the Buckmaster but know a couple of have them. I shoot the FX and really like the way it performs. I know the FX is mathews cheapest but all the numbers on all their bow are close to same. I couldn' t see spending couple hundred more for the same specs.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:43 PM

Definately not the Buckmasters. In my opinion, they sound like .22 being shot.

The FX is a good bow.

Have him try a Hoyt bow with the cam and 1/2.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:56 PM
jca

go with the fx!!! the buckmaster bows are ok, but i' ve heard horror stories about the limbs...mathews has a lifetime warranty, buckmasters only a limited time warranty...if a company cant warranty their bows for a lifetime, they dont believe in their own product....
Old 03-17-2003, 03:03 PM

No Question ...........FX !!!!
Old 03-17-2003, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

FX . . . it is terrific . . . and deadly accurate.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:53 PM

I shot the G2 when deciding on my new bow. I did not like it at all. It was noisier than they advertise and had plenty of hand shock. I have a mathews legacy and love it so I' m sure the FX would be a good bow also.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am a little shocked at some of the responses regarding the G2. I had one last year and thought it was one of the quietest, most shock and vibe free bows that I had ever shot. Maybe quality control has gone down this year. I am going to have to check it out to see if they really have gone down hill. The only thing that I did find distressing about it was that it did not meet its advertised IBO speed by about 8-9 fps.

The FX would probably get my vote for this reason alone.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:30 PM

I have a g2 and it is one of the quietist bows i' ve shot!!!! my problem is the same as i' ve heard on the legacy' s serving wearing !!! this bow is pound for pound as good as many of the top bows out there but for about $100 less .... the quality control NAAG bows as gone up 100% from thier early years, as i stated before I' ve shoot the matthews as yes it was sweet but at that time my purse couldn' t handle the price tag looked at pse firestorm and g2 after i shot the g2 to me IMHO it shot the best next to the matthews, no hand shock,quiet.... this past season shot 2x at a doe... she didn' t know i was there my fault for not scoring not a .22 being fired !!!!
Old 03-20-2003, 05:42 AM

G2 a great little bow!
Loud, I think not!
I' m VERY confident in the equipment I carry, and I' d BUY this bow all over again
As for the serving Problem my shop I visit reserved and tightened the serving until it turned black. It hasn' t moved yet
He says they tend to put the serving on too loose, and this was a problem a few years back with Mathews as well
AL

Quick Reply: Mathews FX vs. Buckmaster G2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.