Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

T.R.U. Ball Release

Old 09-15-2008, 09:33 AM

Default T.R.U. Ball Release

T.R.U. Ball Pro Diamond Xtreme Standard Release...anyone try it???
Old 09-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: T.R.U. Ball Release

My favorite hunting release. this will be my 5th season with one. I'll never go back to a trigger/wrist strap style.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:41 PM

like to hear that, but i have one question, im a lefty and everywhere im lookingthere not an option for left or right...so does that mean it can switch
Old 09-16-2008, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

As far as I can tell, you can flip the thumb peg over. It's just held in place with an hex screw. I honeslty don't even need the thumb peg. My thumb rests comfortably on the main trigger post.

Actually, now that I think about it, I bought the extreme version used last year off a guy on archerytalk, and it came with the thumb peg on the opposite side of where I like it, so he may of been left handed. So I think you'll be ok.

I switched to a handheld release like this because I've been shooting back tension releases since 1995 for target, and using this type of release for hunting just felt more comforable that having that big velcro strap around my wrist. I just tire some D-loop string on my release, make a loop at the other end, and slip it over my wrist so I don't drop it out of a tree.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

Good idea on the string

Old 09-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

LOL...I'm not speaking from experience or anything....

ORIGINAL: sprintflyer

Good idea on the string
Old 09-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter1591

I see there are two models any one know which one is shorter?
Xtreme
Standard
I have the wrist tru-flight and I really don't care for it for the reason I find there is no follow threw I see myslf sometime punching the trigger at times
Old 09-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

the extreme is the shorter one. but I have both, and I'm close enough on impact with both of them to not stress about it. I use the extreme to shoot, and the standard as a back up. Well I practice with both obviously, but the extreme is my go-to shooter.

trigger punching is more mental than physical man. It is easier topunch with a trigger style release than a thumb pull style, at least for me. You have to learn to stop trying to get that pin to hold rock steady on the target and smashing that trigger. Relax, focus on the target dot, let the pin float, and squeeze the trigger.

ORIGINAL: lonewolf5348

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter1591

I see there are two models any one know which one is shorter?
Xtreme
Standard
I have the wrist tru-flight and I really don't care for it for the reason I find there is no follow threw I see myslf sometime punching the trigger at times
Old 09-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

Mikey: so true in your statement

Old 09-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

I just did buy the Ball Pro Diamond Standard Release a guy had for sale for $50.00 I don't think it was a bad price and I will see if it helps
I keep in mind on the bow hand and sight picture .
I anchor under my chin along the jaw bone so I think the length will not be a problem

Quick Reply: T.R.U. Ball Release

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.