Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

QAD pro rest(drop away)

Old 09-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default QAD pro rest(drop away)

anyone use this style rest? I saw one on a friends bow and loved the looks and feel of it. I heard it can be a PIA to setup though. I tried a whisker biscuit today but I cant stand the loud draw. If you have the QAD, post your thoughts of it. I looked into the limbdriver also, but I need something that captures the arrow and the QAD has that so it wont fall out

Is this rest loud after the shot when it pops down?
Old 09-12-2008, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QAD pro rest(drop away)

I have been using the QAD for 2 years. I really like it and I don't think it makes much noise. I also found it fairly easy to set up. The one I have now is the QAD HD. Once the cord is tied into the down cable you can adjust it right at the rest. Makes it pretty easy to get set right.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

wi, is a bow press needed to install? Or do you just tie the cord to the cable?
Old 09-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes it would be wise to serve it into the buss cable rather then the little attatchment block it comes with but if you dont have a press I wouldnt lose any sleep over it......O and yes I do have and use one.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:50 PM

I switched to QAD from RipCord this year, for no negative against RipCord. I have to say, I think this may be my pick going forward with my bows. It is much more quiet than the Ripcord.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the QAD HD and I love it. It was easy to set up, paper and broadhead tuning took only minutes. I had clearance problems with blazers hitting the crossbar if I shot cockvane up but if you rotate the nock it'll clear. Any other nock with a standard hight will clear no problem. I got mine from MeanV, they're not on his website but if you shoot him an e-mail he'll give you a price that can't be beat by anyone.

http://www.meanvarchery.com/googlef2423a5cfff7c50c.html

Old 09-14-2008, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Click on the link to see my review of the QAD rest. Just scroll down below the meat care article.
http://www.broadheadtests.com/FEATURES.html
Old 09-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

thanks everyone.. i picked on up yesterday and it shoots like a dream. Other than a wobble in flight, how can you tell if its hitting the crossbar or something? I was concerned about that with my blazers, but I dont see any sign of hitting. Arrows fly straight and quiet

this rest is without a doubt the best ive tried to this day
Old 09-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the QAD on my Hoyt rigs and my new DXT, I've never used a better rest! Buy one, you WILL love it. Super easy set-up and a dream to tune. I was shooting bullet holes on only my second shot through my DXT. It's quiet and problem free and has every feature you could ever want on a rest. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 09-14-2008, 03:07 PM

Use powder to see if you are making contact. The wobble may be the arrow is not straight. Is it a wobble or spiral. Your arrow may be too light.

Quick Reply: QAD pro rest(drop away)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.