Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Ironhead 100

Old 09-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ironhead 100

Was just wondering if anybody had any opinions on the Rocky Mountain Ironhead. I used tham last year to take a nice 8 pointer from only ten yards away.The deer went down but when I found the arrow a blade had come out of the ferrule. Since the head has 3 blades and a 1 inch cutting diameter, I was thinking that if it had been a farther shot and the blade had come out it might not be enough to kill the animal, or leave a horrible blood trail. Was thinking of switching to Muzzy 3 blade 100. Any thoughts?
Old 09-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ironhead 100

man, the muzzy is flawless..buy them and u will be very happy. they will never come apart..and they
blow through everything!! as far as you blades coming apart...think about this... if i blew a field point
through u from my mathews outback...in a vital area..what do u thinkwould happen all of the
broadheads that get some press are great to excellent. just have the proper equipment.

Muzzyzzz will make huge holesssss...make sure u tune your bow with a practice head. Slicktrick
is a nice head out of the package.