Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Rage Broadhead Problem!! >

Rage Broadhead Problem!!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage Broadhead Problem!!

Old 09-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Spike

Default Rage Broadhead Problem!!

Has anyone else had a problem with the rage broadheads opening while during a stalk or when you put them in the quiver. I love the way they fly and the damage they do, but last year the blades were always falling out and i was having to mess with them all the time. Any Suggestions or am I the only one with this problem?
Old 09-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage Broadhead Problem!!

Yep,I sure do.One out of 3 likes to pop open but its only one blade so I put that one on arrow 3 so I avoid useing it.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GrtWhtHntr

Has anyone else had a problem with the rage broadheads opening while during a stalk or when you put them in the quiver. I love the way they fly and the damage they do, but last year the blades were always falling out and i was having to mess with them all the time. Any Suggestions or am I the only one with this problem?
Are you using a mechanical friendly quiver?
Old 09-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Spike

Probably not. Using the stock quiver that came with my AR. Just has the foam insert. Where can a guy find a mechanical freindly insert or new quiver?
Old 09-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep....Mathews T5.....

Grt......You can take a old fixed blade Broadhead and heat it up and push it into the foam,do it once all the way in then turn the broadhead and go 1/2 way down,this will give you a place for fixed and mech BHs..
Depending on quiver you should get 3-5 nice BH holders in the foam.........
Old 09-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

I had that issue a couple times and just twisted the "o" ring a bit and the problem went away. I think it may get worn a bit and lose its grip in one spot.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is why I've been too afraid to try the Rages. I've read way too many reports of this, and I just don't want to take that chance.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

what i have found is that the problem is that most people dont check the o-ring and make sure that the blade is all the way in place. I was afraid of them to but then i did and i'm glad i did. they just aren't for some people.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think my one bladeis posesd(spl)....
Old 09-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

I had that problem just turn your O ring a little bit and you will be fine. Just remember when you shoot something check the O ring if it is cut or damanged change it. I shot 2 doe with the same blades and sameO ring last year. Just washed the blades off , and turned the ring a little ,they locked just fine.

Quick Reply: Rage Broadhead Problem!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.