Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Pendulum Sight

Old 09-09-2008, 05:34 AM

Default Pendulum Sight

What do you guys think of pendulum sights. I had one on my bow as a kid and loved it. But the bows of those days sucked and werent getting the speed and accuracy of todays models. Are they still a good product or are pins the best way to go...
Old 09-09-2008, 12:15 PM

Default RE: Pendulum Sight

I wanted a pendulum for the last few years but my local archery shop refused to sell me one, they kept telling me with my modern bow I should be able to use 1 pin out to 30 yards. I do all my practice off a raised 18 foot platform... and the bow shop was right, I can pretty much use 1 pin. So yes I wanted it but I pretty much didn't need it.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

With modern bows i would say you dont need it. And from what i remember helping my friend out at his archery shop I used to watch guys years ago shot the pendulum sights but there bows made a lot of vibration noise due to the pin flying back and forth upon release, seems like a wary deer might be more apt to jump the string.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

I have been using one for years on several bows from an older PSE to the Outback that I have now. I can't speak to the 1 pin issue as the other guys have, but I like the thing. Then again most of the time I shoot less that 25 yds. I do know that if you treestand hunt and you are not set up on fairly level groung that the shot will be off. I had a lot of noise with the original pendulum which was aKeller, I now shoot a Savage and I do not hear a rattle.

Jim
Old 09-09-2008, 07:48 PM

I have a Keller on my bow now, and have used it for around 10 years. Works great for me, target shooting. I havent managed to kill a deer with the bow yet, but I am hoping that this is my year. I have shot squirrels, fox, coyote, and wild dog with it. As far as practice, once its on, you have to pick different spots on your targets, because it is easy to robinhood your arrows with it because after you shoot the first one, you concentrate on it.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

michael,

I have shot Keller pendulum sights for more than 20yrs and I love them. You sight them in once and then it's just point and shoot, that simple. Of course, I hunt almost exclusively from tree stands. A better choice in a pendulum sight, if youdo any hunting or shooting from the ground, would be a Trophy Ridge Mantis V-Drive pendulum sight. My father-in-law has one and if I switched from my Kellers it would be the Trophy Ridge. I would avoid the Summit Hot-Dot. I have not read or heard one positive thingabout this sight. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim