Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

ground blind seating

Old 09-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Spike

Default ground blind seating

I will be hunting from a blind this year and am wondering what you guys use for seating? I was planning on a folding camping chair, but after practicing the other day sitting in it, I found it somewhat akward!

I am wondering if it is something I have to get use to, or is there something better?
Old 09-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ground blind seating

I went through the same thing and after several chairs, I wound up building one that was adjustable in height for those uphill and downhill set up'sandI just mounted a boat seat to it. It is not the lightest but I usually set them up and they stay for a while, it is height adjustible and very comfortable, I have no problems sitting for a full day of hunting....

I tried, the cmap chairs and they were too noisy, I tried the DB packable chair and with my big butt,I couldn't sit there for longer than a couple hours. I tried every type chair I could think of and none of them seemed to fit my needs for comfort and adjustability..

I wish you the best of luck. You might have to keep looking till you find one that works best for you!!!

Old 09-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Spike

Curtis, good Idea about the boat seat! will keep my eyes open til i find something better or steal your Idea!
Old 09-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can get you pic's in the beginning of Oct. if you want just send me a pm and remind me....I am in Mexico right now working or I would go out to the shop and snap you some pic's....It wasn't hard to build at all...
Old 09-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Spike

I will get with you Beginning of Oct.......work can't be all that bad being around all those pretty senioritas!!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hope to be using one of these:

http://huntmore.biz/huntmore/home.html

Dan
Old 09-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Spike

The chair looks awesome, I contacted them to see how much for that bad boy!!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Flboarhunter

The chair looks awesome, I contacted them to see how much for that bad boy!!
I've been hunting out of Blinds for a few years now, and IMO it will be a bargain at any price. I'm tired of squeaking, uncomfortable, and non- adjustable stools/chairs.

Dan
Old 09-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Fork Horn

I use an old office chair. it works good.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:12 PM

I like the camping style folding chairs if only for the fact that they have armrests and are very comfortable for long sits. I hate not having some sort of armrest when I'm on a long hunt. I can very easily fall asleep in these types of chairs.

However, they are definitely very difficult to shoot a bow from. You have to situate yourself on the very edge of the seat. I almost find it easier to slide off the chair into a kneeling position.

Definitely practice shooting from a blind before hunting from one. It takes some getting used to.

Quick Reply: ground blind seating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.