Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Hunter Saftey System Vest??? >

Hunter Saftey System Vest???

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hunter Saftey System Vest???

Old 09-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Spike

Default Hunter Saftey System Vest???

Anyone use one of these? I'm thinking about getting one, but can't seem to find out if it can be used with a linesman belt. I like to hook an end on each hip of my current vest, and run it around the tree, for hanging stands. Gives you 2 hands to work with. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunter Saftey System Vest???

They work great!! comfortable quiet, and easy to use. I would imagine you could use with your belt, but i personally have never. I should look into it, i hate hanging of the side of a tree putting up a stand with no saftey measures.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get one. Its a great system obviously as it used by most of the professionals. It can hook to a lineman's and if yours dont work on it which I think it would you can buyhss linemans belt that comes with a quick clip strap for the tree all for only $35 bucks. They will have the linemans belt right next to the vest. ALso check out the hss website I believe they have avideos on there on all their products.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

they are great. convenient and comfortable.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Spike

Hunter safety system is comfortable and fits well. but any harness is good if you've ever taken a plunge. And i have.4 broken ribs, 9 staples caught the tree step on the way down and hung on it. so get the retractable saftey lanyard so your hooked up ALL the time.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

I would sugest you check the Loggy Bayou system out first. I have used both and the Loggy is hands down better. My brother tried my loggy and sold his HSS to get one.

Old 09-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Spike

I like the looks of that loggy bayou. I checked Cabela's, and all they have is the small size. Guess I'll have to take my Cabela's visa elswhere.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:07 PM

I've used my Seat-Of-The-Pants harness for years.Real comfortable, easy to use, etc. However, I do like these new vest designs. I bought one for my son. My only complaint is that his harness is a more complicated system as far as attaching it to the tree. Whereas my SOTP is a simple strap and clip system, his involves weaving a couple of buckles together forming a lock.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:38 AM
Spike

Anyone interested in the Loggy Bayou system should check out http://www.loggybayou.com. They are having a sale and you can pick it up for $49.99. They do not have the XL's left. Looks great, just ordered one for myself.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Spike

I just ordered one too.

Quick Reply: Hunter Saftey System Vest???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.