Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

2008 Guardian

Old 09-05-2008, 06:40 AM

Default 2008 Guardian

I am new to the site and would like some info. I am US Army medic staioned in Iraq and just heard abouta program that BowTech has called the "Soldier Bow Program". I got this information by sending the four big bow manufacturers (Hoyt, Matthews, PSE and BowTech)a email asking if they offered a military discount. BowTech is the only company to even take the time to email me back. So, I got another email today saying the have had such a great response to this program they had to reevaluate it. I originally wanted the 82nd Airborne and now they only offer the Guardian. I have read great things about the 2007 modael and want to know what people think of the 2008 model.
I have not shoot a bow in 14 years and have been wanting to get back into it. I hope I am making a good choice.
I don't think it is a bad decission, I get the bow, 4 arrows , quiver, rest, sight, stabilizer and sling for 500 shipping included. Any info is appreciated
Old 09-05-2008, 10:57 AM

Default RE: 2008 Guardian

The guardian in my opinion is the best bow out there. Its fast, the quietist, and smoothest bow Ive shot. I was stationed at Ft Riley last year and went a Bow shop in Lindsburg, KS and got to shoot almost every bow on the market. So I walked away with the Guardian.

If you could hook a brother up, order two.

MSG M
Old 09-05-2008, 05:28 PM

The 2008 Guardians are exactly the same as the '07 models except the '08 comes with the in-velvet finish, black cams instead of silver, and a different standard camo option. Other than that they are the same. I just recently picked up a used Guardian. Haven't shot it much, but so far I like it. If you add a MeanV or Vibekiller suppressor, the bow is super quiet and dead in the hand. I personally would prefer the Guardian over the 82nd myself. I think you will like the bow, especially for $500.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

for 500 bucks i would by two and sell one lol! definately a great bow. you will be very satisfied imho. i think most on here will agree, you cant really go wrong with the guardian. its good and fast, its got good brace height and it feels greatetc.... i know a few people who own them and shoot 3d's and wouldnt trade them for anything. like stated above, imho, it is one of the best bows on the market. ithas all of the qualities of the otherbowtechs (except for the string stop)shoved into one bow that is good for everything. I have shot it and i own the general, nad personally if i were to do it over again, i would probably have gotten the guardian. good luck, and thank you for your service.
Derek
Old 09-05-2008, 09:54 PM

First off Michael, thanks for what you are doing in Iraq. My family and I support you and our thoughts are with you.

Second, go for the Guardian. I have been shooting Bowtechs for years, and while I own many models, the Guardian is my favorite. Quiet, fast, vibration free and the pinnacle of technology. I loved it the first time I shoot it. And for $500, that is an absolute steal. Go for it.

Third, one of the reasons Bowtech is my favorite of the bow Company's is the support of our troops and its patriotism in general. I know it should be about the equipment, but I think it is awesome that they have their hearts in the right place.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:45 AM

Thanks for all your comments.... I wish I could buy two of their bows at this price but, they limit it to one per soldier. Which I can't blame them for that. It is meant to help soldiers to have a nice bow at a great price and not for them to make a profit off BowTech's kindness.... I have always heard great things about BowTech but, had never done any research until now. When I found out about their support of the troops it sold me instantly. I was really disappointed that none of the other companies would even take the time to email me back.... Last can someone tell me what the retail price is on it.... Thanks again for all the comments...... SGT B
Old 09-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

its over 600 i can tell you that. i doubt anyone anywhere sells them for cheaper. and thats for a naked bow. last year they would have been 700+ depending on where u got it, but the general and the airbornes have came out so the guardians price is a tad lower.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Michael, thank you for your service to our country!

Around my area the new Guardians sell for around $649. I think the Bowtech offer is fantastic. Since you are limited on being able to try out bows before you buy it makes it harder on you to try before you buy. But the Guardian is an all around shooter whether hunting, 3D or target shooting.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:03 AM

I just paid $749 for the bare bow, maybe I got ripped off, anyway 500 is a great deal especially with all those accessories.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

^naw, it all depends on your area. the prices are different all around the country, it just so happens they are relatively cheap (compared to some) around here.

Quick Reply: 2008 Guardian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.