Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Opinions wanted on Hoyt bows >

Opinions wanted on Hoyt bows

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Opinions wanted on Hoyt bows

Old 03-14-2003, 07:44 PM

Default Opinions wanted on Hoyt bows

I plan to buy a bow soon and have pretty well decided on the Hoyt line. I' ll probably go through Ebay to find a bargain. Although I' m pretty much set on a Hoyt I' m a little confused as to which models are their top of the line after the Razortec. There are several on Ebay now that I' m considering such as Cybertec, Powertec, Vortec, Ultratec and Magnatec. I' m a left handed shooter which limits the selection somewhat. I have a 31" draw length and would want a 60 - 70 lb draw weight. Any help as to which of the above models are the best would be appreciated.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:13 PM
Spike

Default RE: Opinions wanted on Hoyt bows

First thing.....I would not recommend buying a bow off Ebay. Go to a dealer and let him set you up with a used one that fits. At least you can shoot it a few times and get an idea of what you are buying. It just seems to me that Ebay would be a good spot to unload a problem bow....bent riser, cracked cam or limb, etc., etc.,.
Reputable dealers normally have a good selection of trade in bows or bows that they are selling for someone on consignment. You can usually cut you a good deal. Buying a used bow unseen is just plain risky IMO....especially when it is being shipped across the country.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am going through the same thing with Hoyt, which one!!!!!!!!!! I would go to a Archery shop to purchase for set up reasons alone and some of the pro shop guys get a little tude when working on out of shop bows! Just my thoughts!
Old 03-15-2003, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

You can' t go wrong with Hoyt depending how much money you have a Razortec and a Havotec around $700 A Dynatech is around $550 which is the one I prefered because liked the handle best and a Magnatec for around $400. They all have the cam and 1/2 which shoot awsome.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:31 AM

I shoot Ultratec 2003 with XT2000 lims at 30 draw.
Over 29 draw I would say UltraTec is the way to go. For shorter draw Cybertec is great shooter with very good speed.
Razartec is a bit too short for my tase. This year Hoyts have better speed.
I like them.Vodek
Old 03-15-2003, 06:43 PM

Can' t say enough about my ProTec, unbeliebably accurate and forgiving.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

The most expensive of the Hoyts include the Ultratec, Protec and Supertec followed by the Razortec, Havoctec, Cybertec...then the Dynatec....followed finally by the Magnatec and MTSport.

If there are any other TEC model Hoyt bows on ebay then they are previous years designs...case in point, the Powertec you mentioned. I believe the last year they were produced was either ' 98 or ' 99.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:44 PM

Hoyt bows are great...i' d go with the magna tech, but i suggest you don' t buy it from ebay. go to a pro shop or a local hoyt dealer
Old 03-17-2003, 01:50 PM

Huntingblind--

I have shot the new Razor tec and the super tec and both are great bows. Hoyt, IMO, has mastered the grip on both of these bows. However, in the end, a Mathews was a better bow for me. With that said, I need to sell my ' 96 Alpha tec to help finance my new bow. It is in great shape and I am willing to make a good deal. It was the top of the line bow when it was released. However, in all honesty, it doesn' t compare to the new Hoyts. But, it is quite a bit cheaper. Email me if interested.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:51 PM

sorry. I just reread your post. My bow is a RH model so it wouldn' t work for you.

Quick Reply: Opinions wanted on Hoyt bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.