Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Hoyt guys(vectrix or Katera) >

Hoyt guys(vectrix or Katera)

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Hoyt guys(vectrix or Katera)

Old 09-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hoyt guys(vectrix or Katera)

Im looking into both of these bows.. if you have either, post your opinions on how you like? I know the Katera is a little quicker, but Ive heard great reviews on the Vectrix also. Before I buy either, im gonna try and test shoot both side by side to see which I like. But if you have any pros or cons of either let me know and thanks in advance
Old 09-03-2008, 02:58 PM

Default RE: Hoyt guys(vectrix or Katera)

I love my vectrix
Old 09-03-2008, 07:49 PM
MJ1

the katera has a very smooth draw cycle
Old 09-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

im guessing you cant go wrong with either[8D]
Old 09-04-2008, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went with the Vectrix. I wanted a little more brace hight and forgiveness, not to mention I got a good deal on the vectrix. It really boils down to which bow YOU like best.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you will get a better deal on the Vectrix. I had a Trykon. Loved it and then shot the Vectrix and Vulcan. Both vector cams and I could not believe how smooth the draw was. Couldn't get one and waited until the 08's came out. I thought the Z3 was even smoother than the vector. I went with the Katera XL after shooting a bunch of different bows. You won't go wrong with anything out there but of those 2 I did like the Katera better. Enjoy whatever you get.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

i cant complain at all with my vectrix i love it. it does everything i want my bow to do. you need to check both of them out and decide which is more comfortable for you and which one you like more is what it will all boil down to.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

I actually have the Katera XL and the Vectrix and I like them both but I do shoot better with the Katera. The grips are a little different on each of them one being thinner than the other. I shoot both without a hitch, both very nice but I like the extra axle to axle on the XL. In short it doesn't matter what anyone tells you. You have to pick which draw cycle you like, grip etc. Whatever works for you. I don't understand needing a really small bow. The larger, heavier bow ismore stabil and more forgiving. It's kind of like saying you need a small stabilizer.....what is sticking out of the front of your bow more than the arrow itself?
Old 09-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

I do plan on trying each out before buying one. Besides the Katera being newer, its gonna come down to how smooth the draw is

I know I can find the Vectrix cheaper as of now but im sure the Katera might come down a little in price after season goes out. Either way, i look forward to joining the Hoyt team LOL
Old 09-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Typical Buck

Keep in mind Hoyt puts out their new bows usually in mid-october.........so you may want to hold up on the purchase!! I know I can't wait..... although you'd have to pry my Vectrix out of my hands.

Quick Reply: Hoyt guys(vectrix or Katera)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.