Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 easton axis nano or cx maxima hunter? >

easton axis nano or cx maxima hunter?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

easton axis nano or cx maxima hunter?

Old 08-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Spike

Default RE: easton axis nano or cx maxima hunter?

maximas is what I shoot I think they are great I get great groups with them they are very tough. I have not tried the eastons from what i here they are supposed to be good arrows though.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

I have not used either to date but carbon in my opinion is the way to go… Used the GT 5575 last year and will be switching to the Easton Axis N’s with quick spin vanes this season, actually tomorrow. Letting them dry cant wait to shoot.

I was told that these axis arrows are great in a steel forest 3’d shoot.

Pick some up and try and bend them… they are stiff.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:57 PM

they all work and ive shot both but i chose to go with the carbon express 3d selects this year
Old 09-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Spike

I shoot the nanos and my buddy shoots the maximas..you cant go wrong with either arrow but the maximas wont penetrate like the nanos do. I shot them both out of my 07 tribute (both arrows same length) and i chronographed 286 with the nano and 298 with maxima and the nano got stuck 3 inchesin the rubber mat behind the Chrono while the maxima never touched it.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Spike

I shoot the nanos and my buddy shoots the maximas..you cant go wrong with either arrow but the maximas wont penetrate like the nanos do. I shot them both out of my 07 tribute (both arrows same length) and i chronographed 286 with the nano and 298 with maxima and the nano got stuck 3 inchesin the rubber matbehind thetarget while the maxima never touched it.

[hr]
07 Bowtech Tribute 70#
Easton Axis N-Fused w/100gr 2-Blade RAGE
Spott Hog Sight
STS string stopper
Trophy Ridge Dropzone Rest
Doinker Stabilizer,string splitter,kisser button
286 Fps
Old 09-22-2008, 06:34 AM

see my opinion on this is completely opposite of what panhunter said i've used both arrows and from the same distance in pretty much the same situation my cx maximas had better penetration on an animal than the nano's did. With the Cx i had a complete pass through on a coyote at 33 yards where with the nano at 35 yards with a shot in the anatomicaly same spot barely had enough penetration to do any work, but that's just my opinion and my experience
Old 09-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Spike

Thats interesting what are shooting? There both top of the line big game hunting arrows. If you could barely penatrate a coyote enough to do "work" then something isnt right. You should check out your set up or maybe your shot wasnt as close to the the same spot as you think. Many elk and bear will fall to nano's this yearpenetrating a coyote should be a walk in the park with almost any arrow.