Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

MUZZY VR,S SLICK TRICKS

Old 08-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: MUZZY VR,S SLICK TRICKS

I've shot muzzy 3 blades for years. They're good, but like others said, they can be a pain to get consistence good group. I've switched over to Slick Trick for my elk set up, and they're awesome. I've shot both the 100 grains 1" and 1 1/8" with the same result. I still use the regular 3 blades and the MX-3 for deer, but this year I'm trying to hunt mule deer. So the Trick will be in the quiver instead.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

I shot muzzy's from 1993 till 2005 and probably took about 35 whitetails with them. I switched toFuse Innerlocsin 2006 because after buying 2 packs of muzzy's, I couldn't quite get the accuracy at 30-50 yards that I was used to getting. My buddy had the same experience.He switched to Slik Tricks and we both love our broadhead results the past 2seasons. Accuracy and performance on deerare very good.

But I can't complain about what the muzzys did on the deer I harvested. I only bent maybe 2 or 3 sets of blades, and never bent a ferrule. I try to reuse every broadhead after I take a deer with it, if it still flies well, it goes back in the quiver. If not I ditch it. I never threw a muzzy away that went through a deer. If you tune your bow, and place your shot where it's supposed to go, any broadhead will do the job. You ain't supposed to shoot deer in the shoulder blades with a bow. If you hit there by accident, then complaining about broadheads bending is a little off the wall. You messed up, not the broadhead. Guns won't even break through shoulder bladesometimes. If you can get a Muzzy to fly, and put it where it counts, you won't be dissapointed.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:26 PM

I have tried several types of broadheads over the last 25 years , and I keep coming back to 100 gr. muzzy's. I shoot the 3 blade and the 4 blade and they are both good heads, but I believe I get better flight out of the 3 head. I am shooting them on Easton A/C/C/'s with Blazer vanes, and I have no complaints. Any head manufacturer can have a bad head now and then, but the Muzzy has been the most consistant for me, with a very reasonable price for the quality you get.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

I was thinking the same thing a couple years ago when I couldn't get them to fly good for me. I need some heads this year, so I may actually give them a shot again.

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

Any head manufacturer can have a bad head now and then, but the Muzzy has been the most consistant for me, with a very reasonable price for the quality you get.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

The first slick trick I shot in the woods stuck in the ground about 18 yards in front of me. And the deer lay dead about 40, enough said. Although, the deer would have made it to 60 yards if it hadn't run in a circle before getting it's bearings.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have shot and hunted with both multiple years. The Muzzy is a good head, but in a head to head test against Slick Tricks Muzzy will lose everytime.

Dan
Old 08-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

I would choose the ST over a Muzzy everyday.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:16 PM

I shoot both but the ST's are absolutely unstoppable! My buddy shot a bear and it passed through both shoulders. Looked like it was hit by a slug the hole was that perfect.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Spike

see the broad head tests done by an individual tester shoots all heads through plywood, steel drum, tire and orange and posts the results of just about every head great site http://www.broadheadtests.com/index.htmlthis will anser all your questions
Old 08-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

I have some Muzzy 100 gr. and the 100gr. MX-3's and 100 gr. mag slick tricks. The ONLY reason I am not using the slick tricks is because they have a whistle to them out of my bow.

I did some changing up to some stuff on my bow and I will try the Slick Tricks again to see if they whistle or make noise. If they do not, they will go back in my quiver.

I feel the blades on the Slick trick are sharper and maybe stronger. I do like the trocar tip of the muzzy's though and the extra cutting width of the MX-3's. I would say both are very good heads and both will group great. I would use either and never think twice about them, same for the regular Muzzy's that I have left over from years ago.