Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Bowtech General.... Very Interesting......... >

Bowtech General.... Very Interesting.........

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowtech General.... Very Interesting.........

Old 08-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bowtech General.... Very Interesting.........

Well I also agree with BigBulls that alot of archery issues get blown way out of porportion sometimes over the internet. BUT- this issue with the General is real and apparently is injuring people, and the best response Bowtech has is "a recall would be too large?" WTF!!! I have personally seen a General explode at full draw. Luckily my friend didn't get hurt. However, I still shoot a General and so far no problems but I think I might have to trade it in, because I always have that in the back of my mind when I draw that bow back.
I have been shooting Bowtechs for a long time and this is the 4th one I have owned. I really like BowTech bows. But after seeing this post- if my General explodes in my face- I'm done with BowTech, if that's the attitude they are going to have about this.
I hope thatthis postis just hearsay that has adapted throughout its course and maybe not entirely correct, but from all thatI have heard- AND PERSONALLY WITNESSED- I imagine its true, and I'm disappointed in Bowtech. JMO
Old 08-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

BUT- this issue with the General is real and apparently is injuring people, and the best response Bowtech has is "a recall would be too large?" WTF!!!
Did Bowtech actually tell you "a recall would be too large"? Any manufacturer would do exactly the same thingby not issuing a recallwith the small number of real problems that they are having. If you were the manufacturer and have sold thousand and thousands of your product and .02% of them were having failures where someone was slightly injured would you issue a recall that would cost you millions?

All manufacturers have an acceptable percentage of failures with any of their products. That's just the way it is.

From what I understand therehave been aproximately 15,000 generals produced and sold and how manygeneral failureslike this have there actually been?
Old 08-03-2008, 11:03 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

RefusetoFollow:

(877).447.0293 Phone number

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/main.php upper right, contact us button.

If you are so very concerned and don't like heresay, contact Bowtech yourself. Pretty good way to eliminate the middleman and heresay.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mez

RefusetoFollow:

(877).447.0293 Phone number

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/main.php upper right, contact us button.

If you are so very concerned and don't like heresay, contact Bowtech yourself. Pretty good way to eliminate the middleman and heresay.

With no guarantee the company is gonna come clean by calling them. How many companies answer the phone and say "Yeah, we got defective limbs but the issue isn't big enought for a recall"
Old 08-04-2008, 07:37 AM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

BUT- this issue with the General is real and apparently is injuring people, and the best response Bowtech has is "a recall would be too large?" WTF!!!
Did Bowtech actually tell you "a recall would be too large"? Any manufacturer would do exactly the same thingby not issuing a recallwith the small number of real problems that they are having. If you were the manufacturer and have sold thousand and thousands of your product and .02% of them were having failures where someone was slightly injured would you issue a recall that would cost you millions?

All manufacturers have an acceptable percentage of failures with any of their products. That's just the way it is.

From what I understand therehave been aproximately 15,000 generals produced and sold and how manygeneral failureslike this have there actually been?
seems to me two broken fingers and a broken arm isn't exactly ~slightly~ injured... cut and a couple a stitches, ok, i'd call that slight... broken bones?? not so slight... given that this story is true of course...
Old 08-04-2008, 08:38 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: PABowhunter4life

Just yanked this from another site; this guy is a known DIEHARD Bowtech shooter so he can't be called for foul play here nor is there a conspiracy at hand............

Well I am not complaining...I love my bowtechs..!!
But I just want to share an experience..
While tuning a Bowtech General, Full draw in the draw board, it exploded!!
The axles pulled straight through the limbs...
Well after two broken fingers, and a broken arm.. I decided to call bowtech.
This is what they had to say...
"Yes we realize that there has been a problem with a batch of epoxy used on some of the General limb tips."
So I asked, why hasn't there been something done like a re-call.
They said," the recall would be too large."

I love my bowtechs and will continue to shoot them, they make a solid bow, but I think something needs to be done about this. I can't afford to have a broken arm and two broken fingers...this was a customers bow from MI. Sent to me for strings and tuning...

Just wanted to share my experience to get more acknowledgment about the situation....
I guess a question for you, is why do you care so much? Do you shoot a bowtech general? It just appears, its very important for you to worry about bowtech.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:12 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

So we have a Mathews shooter jumping in on every blown up General post, starting new threads about the General, jerking quotes from all over the internet, etc.Throwsup a post from anther site, doesn't say where, doesn't say who, doesn't say how he came across the post and it is Gospel.We are supposed to believe that over direct words from the company? I guess my mom was right in always asking me, "When did you ever get the impression that there was an overabundance of common sense in this world?"

I guess If I was that concerned I would go to the source. I would also believe what the company told me over what a bunch of anonomous posters on a message board are saying.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: mez

So we have a Mathews shooter jumping in on every blown up General post, starting new threads about the General, jerking quotes from all over the internet, etc.Throwsup a post from anther site, doesn't say where, doesn't say who, doesn't say how he came across the post and it is Gospel.We are supposed to believe that over direct words from the company? I guess my mom was right in always asking me, "When did you ever get the impression that there was an overabundance of common sense in this world?"

I guess If I was that concerned I would go to the source. I would also believe what the company told me over what a bunch of anonomous posters on a message board are saying.

First off, I could care less what brand anyone shoots. We are all in this TOGETHER as hunters and I think it is a real shame that so many have such an inferiority/security complex that everything has to be turned in to a "my bow is the bestest" thread. These aren't conspiracy quotes, feel free to surf the net and you'll find plenty of quotes and issues concerning the General. Maybe you have the time to sit here and make up fake quotes in an attempt to bash but I sure as heck don't.

My point with these General threads isn't that Bowtech is a bad bow, if Mathews were having the issues that the General is then I'd be all over them as well. This isn't about what bow is better, this is about the safety of our fellow archer..... PERIOD!!!!!

For years all we heard was that Mathews shooters were blinded by the limbs and blah blah blah, yet now here we are with a bow that has even diehard Bowtech shooters worriedbut the real fans are showing their true colors by turning a blind eye in an attempt to defend their bow brand, even if it means someone could get seriously injured. GET REAL!!!!

Again, for those who seem to really be missing the point.......this is not about who's bow is better, this is about a Bow with an obvious limb issue that needs addressed
Old 08-04-2008, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Just yanked this from another site; this guy is a known DIEHARD Bowtech shooter so he can't be called for foul play here nor is there a conspiracy at hand............

Well I am not complaining...I love my bowtechs..!!
But I just want to share an experience..
While tuning a Bowtech General, Full draw in the draw board, it exploded!!
The axles pulled straight through the limbs...
Well after two broken fingers, and a broken arm.. I decided to call bowtech.
This is what they had to say...
"Yes we realize that there has been a problem with a batch of epoxy used on some of the General limb tips."
So I asked, why hasn't there been something done like a re-call.
They said," the recall would be too large."

I love my bowtechs and will continue to shoot them, they make a solid bow, but I think something needs to be done about this. I can't afford to have a broken arm and two broken fingers...this was a customers bow from MI. Sent to me for strings and tuning...

Just wanted to share my experience to get more acknowledgment about the situation....
I guess a question for you, is why do you care so much? Do you shoot a bowtech general? It just appears, its very important for you to worry about bowtech.

I was a big fan of the Tribute and was going to buy one in '06 but it was so close to November that I decided to wait and see what they offered for '07. Well, they introduced the center pivot designed Guardian and I was just not a fan of the riser design. The thing is the quietest bow I have ever heard but I simply did not like it. Honestly, I could very easily be shooting a Bowtech in a couple of months if they release something I like but if it has the center pivot on it no thank you.

This has nothing to do with trying to run Bowtech down, this is about a SERIOUS issue with an obvious limb design flaw. If there were Mathews Drenalin LD's popping all over the place you can bet your arse that I'd be all over them too. I'm not a fan boy by any stretch of the imagination; I am one strike away from being booted from their forum for calling them out on their imperfections. So don't go trying to make this in to a "Mathews shooter jumping in to threads". This is an archer looking out for fellow archers...... PERIOD!!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:12 PM
bigcountry

I'm not a fan boy by any stretch of the imagination; I am one strike away from being booted from their forum for calling them out on their imperfections. So don't go trying to make this in to a "Mathews shooter jumping in to threads". This is an archer looking out for fellow archers...... PERIOD!!
It doesn't appear that way. I have kinda gotten out of the compound scene. But for some reason, young compounders, its important that others view thier brand as great.

I never really understood it. For some reason, people live and die by internet forum advise. And its sad, is all I can say. Just like this one young fella on the other thread. You can't believe anything you read on these things. Have I had cracked limbs? You bet ya. From PSE, mathews, and bowtechs. Get em fixed, and get back to hunting.

Quick Reply: Bowtech General.... Very Interesting.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.