HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Guardian Owner Opinions Wanted (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/255354-guardian-owner-opinions-wanted.html)

MOhunting 07-31-2008 09:03 AM

Guardian Owner Opinions Wanted

I am in the market for a new bow, and I am wanting to get a Bowtech Guardian. I have read about thepossible center pivot screw dilema (if it even exists) and wanted to know if any of you have had any problems.

The bow rocks in so many ways, but I could always go with a black ice. Just wanted to solicit some opinions OF PEOPLE THAT OWN A GUARDIAN.

Thanks for any input,

Sean

TexasBowHunter 07-31-2008 10:06 AM

RE: Guardian Owner Opinions Wanted

I bought the commander first and was keeping my old bow for a back up, well a buddy of mine has been wearing me out to my my old bow so I finally did sell it to him. So I was back in the market for a back up bow, I went to the shop and started shooting a few bows and whenI shot the guardian I knew this was my next bow. I have not gotten to shoot it much as I just bought it in June and have been in mexico working all of July. I will say this both of the bows that you mentioned are good bows IMO, I did not consider any problems being had with them, I just went off of what felt good to me. I figure if there are any issue's bowtech will make it right...Good luck!!!!

Back 40 Tree Rat 07-31-2008 03:32 PM

Buy you will love it!

y2khog 07-31-2008 03:51 PM

I've been shooting an '08 for about a month or so and I love it. You will not be disappointed in it. It was between it and a General. Both great bows but I chose the Guardian then added a MeanV to it. Works better than the General setup IMHO.

PABowhunter4life 07-31-2008 10:15 PM

The Guardian did not have any issues that I am aware of. While I was not a huge fan of the draw cycle on it the thing is incredibly quiet and its a tack driver. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it!

Kelly/KY 07-31-2008 10:16 PM

ORIGINAL: y2khog

I've been shooting an '08 for about a month or so and I love it. You will not be disappointed in it. It was between it and a General. Both great bows but I chose the Guardian then added a MeanV to it. Works better than the General setup IMHO.
Mine is an 07, but couldn't agree more with the above. Best bow I've ever shot and the MeanV suppressor is an absolute must. I have had zero issues with the bow.

Best of luck and enjoy the new bow.

luke/r 08-01-2008 05:13 PM

I also have an 07 and have had no problems with mine and I love shooting it. I also put a MeanV CSS onmine.

wapitibull375 08-03-2008 10:57 AM

I've got an '07 Guardian and Commander, both with over 5000 shots. I have a coupe of bale conters off of John Deere balers on a post by where I usually stand to take practice shots with the bows. After each session of shots, I click the bow counter for that particular bow the number of shots that I just had shot and the counter keeps the total of shots for me. I like to change strings and cables after about 1500 shots, probably not needed, but that's just me. Anyway, I always go over each bow that I buy from top to bottom, no matter the brand, and every week or so. I shot almost every day, all year. I locktite the bolts and screws to begin with, make sure all
are nice and snug, and have never had an issue with either of these bows. I have several bows, but enjoy these two the most. I'm sure that if you decide on the Guardian you won't be dissappointed at all. I would like to say also, that anytime I've contacted Bowtech with questions, that they have never taken more than a day to respond.

Greg / MO 08-03-2008 06:27 PM

OK, first things first. Take a look at the sig line below this and weigh what I say accordingly... ;)I'll also say that I feel I've got a pretty good reputation over the years of being a pretty straight shooter on here, regardless of which bow I'm talking about.

Now... I've owned three Guardians; all have been rock-solid. I get the opportunity to go through a LOT of bows, which sometimes has its good and bad points. The good points are self-explanatory; the bad maybe a bit harder to grasp.

Because we get in the habit of going through so many in our lineup, shooting, testing, offering feedback, making notations for future R&D input, etc., we can sometimes let go of bows and have a sense of regret about a particular model and wished we had it back.

That was the case for the Guardian for me. After shooting and selling my first two, I just knew I'd have to have one for me, for keeps. I've got three such bows, that ... barring some unbelievable leap in technology that propels us into a shootable, comfortable, forgiving 400 fps + dream bow... I'll be keeping for a LONG time. Those bows are the Constitution (for target and 3d), the Allegiance (almost the perfect bow for me personally) and the Guardian (nothing shoots quieter and with less hand shock than this baby).

AllArmyGuardian 08-04-2008 09:14 AM

Every shoot I go to, someone always mentions how quiet and fast the bow is...You cant go wrong with the Guardian