HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   My attempt at a review. Octane 2 piece Quiver. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/254952-my-attempt-review-octane-2-piece-quiver.html)

whitetailbowhunter 07-28-2008 08:40 PM

My attempt at a review. Octane 2 piece Quiver.

I know some of you have been looking at these (to keep this in bowhunting:D) bowhunting quivers, but have been waiting for a review before making the plunge.

This Quiver offers a magnetic hood, and come with a pre-cut closed cell foam insert for those who prefer, aluminum construction, 360 deg. of adjustability, Silent Arrow extraction, Universal mounting, Quick detach on both 1 & 2 piece and comes in InVelvet finish.

After installing the quiver on the bow, I adjusted it to where it balances the best, I honestly don't think I will need a stabilizer. The Magnetic hood does add allot of weight but you have so much adjustment that, once installed and adjusted you don't feel the weight that much.

The Magnetic hood: I really like this feature. Your blades never touch any foam or rubber, If by chance you accidentally pop one of the arrows out of the rubber shaft holder, your arrows will NOT fall to the ground! When you insert your arrows inside the hood they are automatically centered in the hood. (Trust me I tried putting one on the edge instead of the center, no go.[:-])

The Foam insert is pre-cut to adapt most major brand BH's.

They claim: "Silent arrow extraction." It is fairly quiet but you can hear a slight "tuck" when removing the arrow from the rubber arrow holder. Inserting and removing arrows from the hood does not make a sound.

When handling this quiver, you can feel the quality of this quiver, there aren't any plastic parts. It feels very sturdy and of high quality.

Running out of adjustability on this quiver??? Yeah right!! Once again, this is one feature that I really like. Simply loosen the four screws and you quiver will rotate 180 degrees! Need more adjustment? loosen another screw and your quiver will rotate another 180 deg. Making a total of 360 degrees of adjustments on both pieces of the quiver!! WOW!

Adjustment Screws on Hood.

Adjustment screws on the part that holds the end of the shaft.

Here are some more pics.

Picture of the Hood and the shaft holder.

Picture of the arrows inside the hood.

Another one.

Bottom part of the quiver.

Just the rubber shaft holder.

Octane

Some of you have been worried of the BH's sticking out from under the hood, so i included some pics with various different BH'S. ( I will try to get pictures of each broadhead outside of the hood, with the length.)

First: Rage 2 blade.

As you can see the end of the BH sticks out from the hood. This is one thing that I don't particularly like about this quiver.

Second: Rage 3 blade

The 3 blade is shorter in length than the 2 blade, thus the end of the BH doesn't stick out as far.

Third: Slick Trick Mag.

With the slick trick Mag the head is completely hidden by the hood.

Last: Steel Force Sabretooth

The Sabretooth is a longer BH and sticks out quite a bit.

Here is a video of me using the Quick detach feature on the 2 piece. I will upload another video showing me placing some arrows in the quiver and removal.

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=DSCF5896.flv

I think the only thing I don't like about this quiver, is the fact that some BH's will stick out from the hood, That's not a big problem for me.

All in all this is the best quiver I have seen up till now.

If you decide to get one you will not be disappointed . (At least I wasn't.)

I hope this helps with your decision on weather or not you want this quiver! Feel free to ask me any questions you have about this quiver!

Edit: I just wanted to add that when i took the pics of the BH's in the quiver, I had 1 rage that didn't have a rubber O ring holding the blades closed, and with the magnet, I could actually move the blades to the closed position, and they would stay there.

Steven McBee 07-28-2008 08:43 PM

RE: My attempt at a review. Octane 2 piece Quiver.

cool, i was wondering about the quiver and i know the solution to your problem......DONT SHOOT RAGES!![:@]!!!!! lol jk jk

whitetailbowhunter 07-28-2008 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

cool, i was wondering about the quiver and i know the solution to your problem......DONT SHOOT RAGES!![:@]!!!!! lol jk jk
I actually don't mind the blades sticking out like that.

dogboy900 07-28-2008 10:44 PM

Hey thanks for that, I have been considering buying one but have been unsure as I have not been able to get my hands on one for a good look.

I will be keener now!

dogboy900 07-29-2008 02:55 AM

I have a few questions.

1. Can you switch between the magnetic and the foam inserts, and if so how are they held in place? (The foam on my old quiver is glued in)

2. The rubber on the magnetic insert looks like it might take a bit of a hammering where the point touches it, which could lead to it wearing out, what do you think?

3. Are the magnets strong enough that they would affect a compass, say held in the other hand?

Thanks

Rory/MO 07-29-2008 04:05 AM

nice review, awesome bow too.

thehairlessone! 07-29-2008 04:59 AM

Great review. NIce looking setup too!

rick

NCRemington700 07-29-2008 06:08 AM

ORIGINAL: dogboy900

I have a few questions.

1. Can you switch between the magnetic and the foam inserts, and if so how are they held in place? (The foam on my old quiver is glued in)

2. The rubber on the magnetic insert looks like it might take a bit of a hammering where the point touches it, which could lead to it wearing out, what do you think?

3. Are the magnets strong enough that they would affect a compass, say held in the other hand?

Thanks
I'm not sure about the first 2 questions but I know that it is not recommended to store the quiver near a computer or other electronic devices. I would assume that a compass would be affected as well since the magnets are so strong.

whitetailbowhunter 07-29-2008 06:38 AM

ORIGINAL: dogboy900

I have a few questions.

Thanks

1. i'm not sure how this works yet.. I'll play with it tonight, and I'll get beck to you.

2. Yes the tips to make "little holes" in the rubber, I think it would take a long time before the rubber actually gets worn out, as in doesn't cut the rubber it just make a slight indentation.

3. It is not recommended to use a compass when you're very close to the quiver or have the quiver near electrical devices..

PABuckbuster12 07-29-2008 07:10 AM

I just bought this quiver myself. After about an hour of trying different set ups I got it to fit my Truth. However, why did you choose to mount it permenantly in 2 pieces. Instead of mounting it the way it comes as a normal quiver. I like to take mine off once in the stand and have it stick in my backpack. But with mounting it like yours, Im not sure that possible? Do you always shoot with the quiver and arrows on the bow? I like the quiver. However I did notice quite abit of weight addition to the bow overall.