Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 My attempt at a review. Octane 2 piece Quiver. >

My attempt at a review. Octane 2 piece Quiver.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

My attempt at a review. Octane 2 piece Quiver.

Old 08-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My attempt at a review. Octane 2 piece Quiver.

I ended up getting one partially because of this review. I am more than happy with it!
Old 08-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad I was able to help you with your decision! I'm glad to hear to you like it!!
Old 08-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one waiting for me to go and pick up....its at a friends place....I haven't needed it so I haven't been in a hurry to get it. After your great review...I may need to go get it just to have it. Really nice review with all the pictures. I was sold, but thanks for a rock solid review.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

I was helped in my decision by the dealer overcharging me for my bow by mistake, so rather than a refund I used it as an excuse to get the quiver.

Glad I did.... Its puuurdy! And holds my arrows well too.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I purchased the 1 piece Octane today. I think it's going back. 3 things I don't really like

1. No matter how much I tighten the top cs Spacer screw I still get a tiny bit of rattle in the quiver if I shake it. Not loud but enough. It says right in the directions don't over tighten. But I tightened it pretty good and no difference at all in the rattle. 120+8 bucks tax it's not like I want to strip it or crack something.

2. To removethe quiverby the red knob I have to stick 2 fingers on each side of a arrow to get to it. Done without a ton of difficuly but with large fingers or gloves will make it much more difficult to do quickly. ANd it's not near silent when you do remove it. There is a metal tap sound that you will here unless you do it very slowly.

3. My Alpine soft loc quiver is so much lighter and seems quieter + quicker to remove. And 1\3 the price.

This quiver looks awesome, It is built very well. Maybe too well that's where the weight comes in. I expected that from the reviews but it seems I would surely have to remove it to shoot comfortably and I like my quiver on in the treestand. Nice quiver not for me.

Unless I find I did something wrong in assembling this(which wouldn't completely surprise me) I will keep with the Alpine soft loc.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never had experience with the 1 piece quivers. But the 2 Piece is still working good for me. To each his own I guess.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

Wow. Nice review on what looks to be a quality quiver. My only issue is that I wish it was a one piece quiver so that I could hang it from the tree when I got on stand. I don't know much about these so maybe they have a one piece option? Either way... nice write-up!

**Edit** I just checked bass pro's site and saw that they have a one piece. $120? [:-]