Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Montana Black Gold Trap Door >

Montana Black Gold Trap Door

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Montana Black Gold Trap Door

Old 03-06-2003, 11:21 AM

Default Montana Black Gold Trap Door

I am considering a trap door rest and am wanting input. Have any of you tried it? Does it have any problems falling when the bow gets bumped, such as hitting a stump. The last thing I want to do is loose an opportunity because my rest falls away at the wrong time. Finally, for those who have tried it does it work?
Old 03-06-2003, 04:44 PM

Default RE: Montana Black Gold Trap Door

Hey there azamedman I have one of the trap doors on my bow and like it ok. I hunt and shoot 3-d with it , and it has been a good rest If was going to buy one right now i would go with something else. I have never like it as a hunting rest but it has never let me down, but if feel it could . I would go with a something a little more fool proof.
good luck
p-tone
Old 03-07-2003, 06:04 PM

I have a trap door rest, have removed it and will sell on ebay. Basically it is a very high quality rest that works very reliably for many uses. But I am not all that hot a shooter, am a bit clumsy, so I am constantly knocking my bow into things - and sure enough the rest reacts. You can adjust the sensitivity, but for my skill level it doesn' t make sense for hunting.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:57 PM

I used one for awhile and found that it was a little bit noisey and I didn' t like the launcher system. This year they came out with a new launcher but I' m not impressed with it. I went to the trophy taker shakey hunter and love it.