HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Does anyone use a Whisker Biscuit anymore? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/254262-does-anyone-use-whisker-biscuit-anymore.html)

Western MA Hunter 07-25-2008 05:56 AM

RE: Does anyone use a Whisker Biscuit anymore?

you can't beat it for hunting... Great rest. I'll keep it!

MichaelT. 07-25-2008 12:36 PM

It's the only one I'll use.... and have been using one, and Blazer vanes,for 7 years.

And I have no plans to change unless they improve the biscuit.

God Bless

MET

RTA47 07-25-2008 12:58 PM

I`m with you guys! Its still (imo) best hunting rest around.

gzg38b 07-25-2008 07:22 PM

I started with a dropaway then went to the biscuit then back to a different dropaway last year.

I just put the biscuit back on for hunting season. For me, the attraction is simplicity: No cords to tie in, no worrying about springs wearing out, now worrying about whether it's dropping fast enough, it doesn't affect your cam timing like some dropaways, and it's simple to tune.

I use Blazers and have never had a problem.

matt6506 07-25-2008 08:16 PM

i use to use one and had no problems, but i decided to use the QAD Ultra hunter. I found that i can hold tighter groups at longer yardages with the qad

oldreloader 07-25-2008 08:40 PM

biscuit here too.I tried a trophy ridge drop zone and liked it.I came back to the biscuit because of containment.I can't tell much difference in my group size.

MichaelT. 07-25-2008 10:17 PM

ORIGINAL: matt6506

i use to use one and had no problems, but i decided to use the QAD Ultra hunter. I found that i can hold tighter groups at longer yardages with the qad
I've never shot a group at a deer...... wonder what thats like......

But I can hit a 4" circle at 40+ yards withone shot, and I don't shoot that far in the field.

So I guess it does everything I need it to do ..... but like I said, I don't ever shoot groups at deer.

MET

matt6506 07-29-2008 01:51 PM

ok, very funny.......i like to 3-d shoot too.....sorry for the confuson........i'll b sure to be more specific next time

radlad31 07-29-2008 07:45 PM

using the Octane Hostage Pro and love it...a guy i work with sold me a new one that he won in a raffle for $25, and I have absolutely no complaints about it...you get all the benefits of a capture-style rest without the vanes touching the bristles

Rory/MO 07-30-2008 02:45 AM

I love mine.