Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 are quick spins worth the $$? >

are quick spins worth the $$?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

are quick spins worth the $$?

Old 07-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: are quick spins worth the $$?

The speed hunters are the only vane that I have found to stabilize an arrow nearly as well as a feather. I have tried blazers, standard vanes, HP vanes, feathers, Quick spin (regular and SH's) and feathers work better than any of them but the Quik spin speed hunters are a close second. IfI were going to shoot a vane it would be the speed hunters.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never liked Blazers and when I got rid of my biscuit and went to a QAD I switched all of my arrows to 3.125" quickspins. They fly great, I have no clearance issues, they stabilize broadheads and fly 3 fps faster than blazers. There's a guy on ebay with a store called bullseye feathers, you can get quickspins from him for $3.99 for 36.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Not worth the package they're sold in.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Centaur 1, that 3 fps you may have gained with QS vanes is "at the bow." 20 feet past the bow, down range, where it counts, your QS vanes are spinning so fast that you're loosing speed and energy where it counts, down range. I was A Quik Spin fanatic ever sinse they first came out. Tried them all, and now shoot Blazers because down range they carry more energy with out loosing accuracy.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wack

Centaur 1, that 3 fps you may have gained with QS vanes is "at the bow." 20 feet past the bow, down range, where it counts, your QS vanes are spinning so fast that you're loosing speed and energy where it counts, down range. I was A Quik Spin fanatic ever sinse they first came out. Tried them all, and now shoot Blazers because down range they carry more energy with out loosing accuracy.
The new QS ST's are a very good vane and control a broadhead better than any other vane I've tested. They are very close to feathers.

Try taking the spin out of a rifle bullet and see what you can hit

Speed difference inside 40 yards is 6 of one, half dozen of another. While many may not want to spend the extra $$ for them they do work...........................

And work rather Well

I'm a feathers guy but theNew QS Speed Hunter ST's are impressive

Dan