Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bowtech General problem

Old 07-30-2008, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowtech General problem

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: PABowhunter4life

The General is a great bow but it definitely has limb issues. I have seen numerous posts with pictures and heard of many in my area as well. Bowtech had issues in '06 then seemed to fix them last year. That being said they took a step back with the General IMO. Look at how much stress is on the limbs and cables while the bow is at rest, then just imagine how much stress is on them at full draw.
You need to get your Facts straight John! I happen to know different

Welcome to the forum 2506!!

Dan

Hey man, I'm not bashing Bowtech lol. I just see a lot of issues with the General and like I said, I look at the thing at rest and it looks like it is ready to go off.
John, I know the real facts and many companies would be very pleased to have the numbers on any model in their lineup that the General has.

I think if you are going to make a post you should know the facts

Dan
Amen Dan!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Spike

The General is a great bow but it definitely has limb issues. I have seen numerous posts with pictures and heard of many in my area as well. Bowtech had issues in '06 then seemed to fix them last year. That being said they took a step back with the General IMO. Look at how much stress is on the limbs and cables while the bow is at rest, then just imagine how much stress is on them at full draw.

Dan

Hey man, I'm not bashing Bowtech lol. I just see a lot of issues with the General and like I said, I look at the thing at rest and it looks like it is ready to go off.
John, I know the real factsand many companies would be very pleased to have the numbers on any model in their lineup that the General has.

Dan
Curious to what these numbers and facts are. Fill us in
Old 07-31-2008, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

This postreally trigger my curisoty as I certainly feel Bowtech has still to 'perfect' the center pivot technology. Somehow my feelingsdrives a fear/scare in me most times when drawing a center pivot bow. Even though I've drawn them K's of time,there's always a possibility that something can go wrong.
And this is all due to the fact that I CONSTANTLY have to SNUG UP the allen bolts holding the bezel,limb and center pivot arm together.Also the spacers between the bezels and limb will compress over time, thus loosing its thickness and this will also cause those bolts to loosen.
I can say there is a big difference paper tuning these center pivot bows when those bolts are loose, as against when they're snugged up/tightened...(PS. NOT OVER-tightened)...as doing this can crack the bezel itself.
All in all, it is definitely necessary we 'constantly' check these bolts as quite a bit of energy is generated by these bows and this will manifest itself moreat the most vulnerable point on the bow...it is my view, that this point is at the center pivot.
As for addressing the movement...this happens at the axel ends of the center pivot arms and not where the center pivot arm bolts to the limbs itself. The point where the center pivot arm deflects from the riser as well as where it pivots on the limbs.
Nevbertheless I would definitely like to see BowTech 'improve' this design/engineeringon their newer CPbows.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:57 PM

Dan

John, I know the real factsand many companies would be very pleased to have the numbers on any model in their lineup that the General has.

Dan

So you are saying that all of these posts on the net, including the ones with pics are all made up? lol

I am not saying every General out of the box blows up but you'd have to be a HARDCORE Bowtech defender not to see an issue. Just like Mathews can't serve a string or carvea decent grip; Bowtech has some work to do in the limb department
Old 08-01-2008, 05:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

John you have to know the big picture, not a few posts on a couple of forums.

You of all people should know this

Dan
Old 08-01-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

John you have to know the big picture, not a few posts on a couple of forums.

You of all people should know this

Dan
Dan, what are the facts you speak of? I keep hearing this and it sounds like nothing more than a cop out. I was at a shop when a kid brought in a General that cracked and have seen firsthand that there is an issue with the limbs up bear the cam on the upper riser.

Why is everyone shooting a Bowtech in complete denial about the limb issue? The shop told me that Bowtech is aware of an issue with the General.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know the figures, but can't disclose them. Any Bow company out there would be glad to have the numbers the General has

I think the forum where most of this comes from is known for jumping on any little problem with BowTech they can[8D]

You ever think about the shear numbers of Generals out there? The numbers I'm talking about are percentage of problems and they are very Low. Believe me! or you can remain in denial and think they have some big problem

By the Way I saw your WTH Outdoor Life Bow test thread. The General won Bowsite bow test this year too! Imagine that!!

Must be a big conspiracy!

Dan
Old 08-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know the figures, but can't disclose them. Any Bow company out there would be glad to have the numbers the General has

I think the forum where most of this comes from is known for jumping on any little problem with BowTech they can[8D]

You ever think about the shear numbers of Generals out there? The numbers I'm talking about are percentage of problems and they are very Low. Believe me! or you can remain in denial and think they have some big problem

By the Way I saw your WTH Outdoor Life Bow test thread. The General won Bowsite bow test this year too! Imagine that!!

Must be a big conspiracy!

Dan
Again Dan, you hide behind some B.S. statement about knowing but not being able to talk. For the record my post showed I had serious interest in a General but wanted something that shoots over 300 fps, the bow is a turtle. I could have gotten a General for less than I paid for My Katera and been shooting a heavier and slower bow. It kills me how anything you sell is the best but you never say anything positive about what you are not allowed to sell, hmmmmm.

A small percentage blowing up? Sounds like what Chrysler is about to defend a 60 million dollar lawsuit for the second time in Cook County due to a death involving a vehicle malfunction, play the percentages and whatever is cheaper will rule out. Typical mentality here, addressing the problem factor in a percentage and hope nobody gets seriously hurt. If they do the insurance will cover it so who cares if kids are getting their forearms ripped up by exploding bows, nobody has died

So Dan, why are you tip toeing around the real issue here? Sounds like how you tip toed around an issue with a string suppressor on a friend of mines bow. I'll keep it hush hush to since I know the facts but can't tell anyone without his permission.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

The real issue is there is no problemDo a little bonafide research on your own and you would know that.

I'm not tip toeing around anything. I signed a NDA and can't type figures I have access to. You can either believe what I say or consider me a liar. Your choice!

Those who actually know me would tell you if I can't state the truth I would not say anything. You believe what you want. It hardly affects me, and it sure doesn't affect the Truth

I guess opinions vary since the General won Bow of the Year honors by 2 different testing groups.

I'm sure it was rigged though[8D]

Dan
Old 08-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

The real issue is there is no problemDo a little bonafide research on your own and you would know that.

I'm not tip toeing around anything. I signed a NDA and can't type figures I have access to. You can either believe what I say or consider me a liar. Your choice!

Those who actually know me would tell you if I can't state the truth I would not say anything. You believe what you want. It hardly affects me, and it sure doesn't affect the Truth

I guess opinions vary since the General won Bow of the Year honors by 2 different testing groups.

I'm sure it was rigged though[8D]

Dan
Dan- I never said the bow doesn't shoot well, are you missing the point? I considered buying one, then considered the Guardiam and Allegiance before settling with a company I have never liked. Research my posts Dan, I have never bashed Bowtech up until yesterday! I am stating there are reports of exploding limbs and I have seen one first hand! Funny how this bow keeps coming up in threads as a bow with limb issues, if poeple were trying to make Bowtech look bad wouldn't they target more than one bow in the line? Wasn't there an ex-Bowtech employee that predicted there would be limb issues because Bowtech wouldn't change a design?

Now as for your reputation as I see it, that is questionable. You pimp what you sell very well but a friend of mine has a string suppressor and was advised to take it off, cut a groove if I remember correctly and then reattach it with an epoxy? Now I have seen firsthand along with another forum member that this person I speak of had a bow shooting off from left to right by multiple inches. After looking it was due to the suppressor rubber being too flexible and causing the string to slide left or right upon impact whiched cause the shot to move. Now, you received a call from this person and told them how to Jerry Rig it instead of correcting the issue by replacing it? I'm sure you know of the person I am speaking of Dan considering my location and we both shoot Hoyts The truth shall set you free Dan, learn to embrace the truth

Quick Reply: bowtech General problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.